((Chapter Cinco: Too Hot to Handle))

*Anna*

Oh dear god. Mrs. Owens actually fell for Damon's act, and, more importantly, Ian is my partner for the biggest project of my life! It'll take a whole week! That includes out of school work, even on the weekends! Oh geez, can I do this? Maybe I should request a new partner. Yeah, wait no! I can't do that. Hm, I guess I can handle it. I get to see the 'emo kid' for who he really is. This, could be fun, and I grin to myself. Uh-oh, did he see that? That's embarrassing. Thank you, bell!  

I'm getting my stuff out of my locker when Ian shows up, oh yeah. His locker is right next to mine, isn't it? Time to take a chance.  

"So, Ian. I guess were partners. For, an entire, week."  

"Yup." Out of no where, he turns to me and stands about five inches away. "So, that means you get to see me for the next seven days. Excited yet?" He's smiling, oh gosh he's gorgeous, and now he's about two inches away. Now one, now, oh gosh, he's twirling my hair between his fingers.  

"Um, um, um. Um... what are you-" I can't handle this.  

"-Gotcha! You should've seen your face! I mean, that was great! You completely fell for it!" Ian was back at a normal distance now, his face red from laughing so much. His dark brown hair fell into his eyes, so I use it to my advantage.  

"That was a good one, Ian. I mean, you really had me going." I brushed his hair to the side, I was looking straight into his oceanic eyes, getting lost. "I actually thought you, well you know, felt something." Running my hands up his chest and ending up around his neck, I continued, still getting closer. "But, I am excited to spend the next week with you, you can come to my house every night, my parents are hardly ever home, we'd have the entire house to ourselves." It was working, he was getting nervous and looking around, avoiding my stare. I brought his gaze back into mine, and he didn't look away. "You know Ian, you're pretty good." Our faces are almost touching. "But I'm better." I whispered that into his ear for dramatic effect, and pushed him away. Now, it's my turn to laugh. The look on his face made me laugh even harder, he was so confused, but mixed with embarrassment. He's stuttering, trying to recover from it.  

"Y-yeah I knew you were k-kidding. Really, Annabel." He called me Annabel? Everyone calls me Anna. Must be some, nonconformist thing.  

"Right." The way I stretch it out makes him blush. I finish gathering my things and flash him a flirty smile as I walk away.  

"See you tonight!" He pauses before answering.  

"Time?"  

"Five sharp!" I'm still smiling, and I wonder how many people saw us. Wait a minute. Did I seriously just do that?