12.

Jackie
Someone knocked lightly on the restroom door. Jackie sighed. "Busy." She sniffled not wanting to get up. The light knocks started again, in a specific order.
  Jackie grew annoyed not wanting to get out so soon since she just went in the restroom to pour her heart out with tears. "Jackie, it's Ross." Ross whispered knowing it was her on the otherside of the heavy door.
  Should she let him in? It's not like he'll make fun of her or something, right? No, it's Ross he wouldn't.
  So Jackie stood up unlocking the door for Ross to come in right when he saw her despaired face he hugged her tightly closing the door roughly with his foot and rubbing her back.
  Did he even know why she was crying?
Jackie hugged him back crying into his shoulder feeling more comfortable than she did when she was alone. She knew she needed a hug, Ross knew she needed to be held as well.
  "I'll take you home." Ross stated pulling away from her to look at her face.
  Jackie looked at Ross and pushed herself away rubbing her eyes and sniffling, "No, I'll stay here, I've been gone for a while, I need to do something productive." She thought back on Matty's words.
  Ross looked at her then nodded before he went out the restroom. Jackie followed soon behind him. As she closed the door someone walked up behind, startling her.
  "What were you both doing in the loo?" George asked with his eyebrows raised from both shock and praise.
  Jackie slightly jumped up and turned around to face George, "We were talking." She glared at George wondering what he was getting at.
   "Sure you were." He glanced at Jackie's severe bed head and back to her red face.
  "Jeez, George, not everything is about sex." Jackie laughed shaking her head and walking off so he wouldn't question any longer.

~~

  Ross had decided to come over Jackie's house to spend time with her, since they hardly spoke to each other in seperate occasions.
  They sat back watching movies for the last couple of hours. Chatting every now and then- drinking every now and then. Ross would look over at Jackie studying her features, then quickly looked away when he thought he would stare too long. Jackie did take notice after the third time, but she thought nothing of it.

Around three in the morning, when the credits began to roll, Ross yawned resting his head on the back of the seat and closing his eyes. Jackie stared blankly at the dark screen, "I wish I was actually doing something with my life." Jackie whispered.
Ross opened his eye sitting up, "What are you into?" He crossed his arms resting his head on the top cushion and looking over at Jackie who sat with her bare feet crossed on the couch.
"Did I wake you?" Jackie kept her hands on her knees.
Ross shook his head, "No, I wasn't asleep."
"Oh..." She put up her feet and hugged her knees- wiggling her toes.
"It could be a hob-"
"I like photography. I always wanted to do something with that, but I don't have a camera."
  Ross hummed thinking about it, "How about Mish?"
  "Your photographer?"
"Yeah, you don't have to be perfect at it, she could just show you the ropes." He encouraged, standing up and stretching.
   Jackie slid her feet off the couch,"I guess, it wouldn't hurt."
  "Great. We could do it tomorrow, if you want..." Ross gave Jackie a smile, he knew she would be great.
  "Okay," Jackie smiled back and watched Ross just standing by the couch. Did he want to leave? "I could drive you home if you want." Jackie stood up and slipping on her sandals that laid beside the couch.
  "No, uh," was it rude to leave all of a sudden. Maybe it was a better time now,"I could watch another movie." Ross smiled feeling the slight buzz getting to him from the drinks.
  "Oh, alright." Jackie smiled back, taking off her flip-flops and resting her feet on the couch again. She skimmed through Netflix as Ross was getting himself more comfortable.
  There was a calming silence between them, hardly awkward. Ross had his arm on the arm rest and the other on the back of the couch, his fingertips lightly grazed Jackie's shoulder since the couch wasn't very large. Then again, Jackie did live alone so it wouldn't make much sense if she got a sofa.
  "Oh you'll like this one." Jackie said clicking on Big Fish and looking over to Ross for his reaction. He just smiled.
  "I enjoy Tim Burton." Ross nodded scratching his beard.
  "Good, good..." Jackie nodded as well, "I do too."
   Another silence occurred until Jackie spoke up, "Thanks Ross, for coming over."
  Confused, Ross stayed silent. He pressed his lips together understanding why she was thanking him, "It's really no problem." He waved his hand.
   "I just thought I should thank you, since you're wasting your time here." The movie still playing in the background.
  "Wasting? I enjoyed being here, I'd like to come more often." Ross said lightly.
  "Oh, okay. That's okay with me. I enjoyed your company just as much as you enjoyed being here, I hope." Jackie looked back at the screen, not paying attention to the movie, but simply looking.
  "Just as much." Ross said proudly for comforting a friend. Friend.