Honestly, I've come to love her nickname for me. It's different than the nickname almost the entire school calls me by: Creep or Creepy Calvin. I'm also not bothered by that. I embrace my weirdness wholeheartedly, and so does Yani...most of the time. I'm also surprised that I haven't received any racist or stereotypical nicknames from anyone in high school. Then again, I live in California, and California is a pretty diverse place. At this point, what would be the use in being a dick to other races? In a place like this, you're gonna be around them no matter what so might as well be chill with everybody and not put a giant target on your back that says "kick the ever living shit out of me, I'm a huge racist bastard and/or idiot". Usually, it's always "and".

"How was your night?," Yani asked as she packed her small makeup kit in her bag.

"Oh, ya know," I started, "just being at home, finishing my homework...getting lonely and watching gay porn.."

"Of course you would," she remarked.

"Man, I was more amazed by the video that I watched than aroused, I stopped mid jerk to ask myself how the hell two dicks could fit in--."

"Okay, okay, that's enough!," Yani whined and raised her hand up to stop me.

There was a pause between us as I stared at her, before continuing quietly, "--in one asshole."

Yani pinched the bridge of her perfectly shaped nose, but she still cracked a smile anyway. We really don't know how we became friends..

We stayed at our usual spot and had small talk until the first bell rang and every student in the giant main hall went into motion. Yani and I got up from the floor, shared a quick hug, then went our separate ways to attend our first class.

•••

Classes are pretty regular, as far as I'm concerned. I've got physics, algebra 2, U.S. history AP, English 3, and Spanish. I've also got PE, and one other elective that's graphic design, which is a pretty good excuse to use photoshop and make the infamous dictator Adolf Hitler look kawaii as fuck.

My teachers are also okay. I'm cool with most of them, even when they know why I have the reputation I have. I am also not bullied for that reputation, which is being a total pervert, and I'm surprised by that. Maybe it's just because I'm so gosh darn charming. It's the Asian persuasion, baby.

Obviously, not everyone likes me. My PE coach borderline dislikes me, but then again he always treats kids a little bit like crap. All of the students in the school aren't always friendly with me. My first period class was physics, and a boy who just so happens to hate my guts is a classmate of mine. He sits at the other side of the classroom opposite of me, and I'm pretty thankful for that.

His name is Wesley Collins. Him and a few of his buddies are in the class too, and they preoccupy themselves with each other rather than the actual classwork and me. I never figured out why Wesley doesn't like me. I've never done anything bad to anyone, and I especially wouldn't involve myself with people like him. He's the cliché, semi-popular guy that's only popular because he's loud, rude to some teachers he doesn't like, and has a reputation for dating and banging a bunch of girls in and outside of the school. Other people don't dwell on that aspect of him though, because he's "good-looking". Blonde hair, blue eyes, and tan skin. He'd probably be more popular but his face is borderline handsome or ugly and people don't know what to think. He's average, and not my type. He's also not my type because he hates the shit out of me. Wesley's other friends are the same, just not as attention seeking as him.

After attending physics, algebra 2, English 3, and then Spanish, I had lunch. The cafeteria was packed with students, but luckily people know not to sit at a certain booth near the back of the room. Yani was there waiting for me like always. We were lucky to have lunch at the same time, since there's a separate lunch time before ours. She could easily sit with other girls since she's cool enough for that, but she prefers me over anyone else.