Chapter 4: Mixed Emotions

Edited: 6, May, 2018

Episode 1

This is where Bonded starts to follow the plot line of the anime. Enjoy my version of episode one.

——————

I was hiding, I think, in a tight space. It was dark in there. It may have been a closet. I could hear shouting- it was my papa. I wanted to go out there and comfort him, I don't like when he yells.

I didn't leave. Mama had told me to stay in here and be safe. She looked so afraid, and her eyes were wild. It scared me into obedience.

Hours passed. Maybe two, maybe three. I couldn't count. The yelling stopped, and the house fell still. I burst out of that dark closet so fast, ready to run into the loving embrace of my father.

I didn't get it.

———————

I was tossing and turning, my head swimming with the awful thoughts I thought I'd suppressed a long time ago. The trauma of seeing my parent's mangled bodies was a scar I'd never get rid of.

It was too early for me to be this awake. The Moon Dormitories were silent, all the other vampires having long since fallen asleep. I was alone.

I needed a walk, but I couldn't go out without permission from Kaname. Besides, it'd be odd for a Night Class student to be wandering about the campus in the day time. Headmaster Cross wouldn't be happy about it.

So I was left to fight my way to sleep, only to realize I wouldn't get it. My eyes were glued open, my mind looping like a broken record. The silence was suffocating.

I was left this way till almost 3pm, when the Night Class finally started to wake up. It was a big relief to hear the bustling of feet.

———————

I was getting ready for class when Ichijo knocked on my door, informing me that Kaname requested my presence. Nervously, I thanked him. Tying the ribbon on my uniform, I made the short trip to his office.

I didn't have to knock, he opened the door for me. My guess is he felt my presence. I sat in the chair before the desk of his study. He looked at me, studying my features. I played with my fingers, avoiding his gaze at all costs.

"Headmaster has informed me you'll be on patrol again tonight. He's also told me that we have to stick closer together as you guide us to class for appearance purposes. He wants you to carry more openly, to threaten anyone who thinks of attacking."

"Won't the students question my weapon?"

"Yes, but you can answer them how you'd like. They don't need to know it's true purposes." I nodded in understanding, reaching up my skirt to unfasten the holster from my thigh and refasten it to my hip.

Then I realized I was still sitting in front of my male classmate and I blushed madly, stuttering out an apology. He brushed it off, dismissing me.

——————

3rd Person P.O.V

True to his word, Kaname walked much closer to Y/N. The Apollo Briar was fastened around her waist, and the Day Class looked at it. Some with admiration and respect, others with fear or disgust.

Zero stared at them with an almost accusing glare, like they knew something he didn't. Kaname offered him a cocky look, Y/N didn't notice a thing. The two males were having a glare of, Kaname grabbing Y/N's hand in the process.

She seemed surprised, but pulled a stoic expression as best she could. Zero glanced down at their hands.

Kaname was gripping hers a little too hard. It would probably bruise, and it looked painful. Why wasn't she saying anything? Y/N wasn't the type to lie down and obey.

There had to be something Zero didn't know. Perhaps Kaname had threatened her. Or maybe she was afraid that if she said something Kaname would hurt her. But she carried an anti vampire weapon and certainly knew how to use it, so why be afraid?

The Night Class made it to their classroom, the Day Class had been ushered away, and Y/N had been sent out on patrol. Zero stalked behind her, curious as to what had her so solemn.

She stopped, putting in her headphones. Music is what she needed right now. Something to calm her.

—————
Play the music in the media at the top of the chapter. Also, I'm sorry if you don't think of Kaname as a sadist- someone who gets off on other people's pain- but he really seems like one to me, so that's how I'm writing him.
—————

She spun lightly on her feet, as if walking on air. She wouldn't sing, being too noisy may attract attention, but she would certainly dance.

Cherry blossoms fluttered through the air as she passed through the trees. The sight was beautiful, her hair a halo around her head, her skirt fluttering around her as she spun.

Cherry blossoms weren't in season, but Zero didn't care at all. He never got to see this side of her, even when they were close. She seemed so carefree, but also so sad.

She stopped suddenly, looking in the direction of the trees. Zero blinked, and she was gone.

————

Aido was feeding from Yuki's hand, his red eyes burning into hers. Her Artemis rod was on the ground. Akatsuki warned him they were going to get in trouble. True to his word, Y/N showed up.

Y/N yanked Aido off of Yuki immediately, threatening him with the Apollo Briar. He stood down immediately. The terrified girl cowered behind Y/N, who whispered reassurances to her.

"You're pathetic, Yuki. You couldn't see that you were outnumbered and powerless? And to act so recklessly in front of two students." She spared a glance behind them where two girls were passed out.

"Go back to class, now you two. Kaname will deal with you."

They were gone as soon as they came. Y/N turned to the girl, holstering her gun.

"You need to be careful, Yuki. You aren't strong enough to take them by yourself." She nodded, looking down. Kaname showed up soon after.

"Kaname, we have a two Day Class kids here. And Yuki, Aido fed off her." She said to him. She didn't get a response. Yet Kaname looked a little sour at the mention of Aido biting Yuki. Yuki started to freak out, saying she was alright and that she wasn't bleeding that bad.

Kaname and Seiren dealt with the Night Class students. Y/N and Kaname exchanged a knowing glance, but the two didn't say a single word. Y/N could've sworn she saw Kaname smile a little when he looked down at her bruised hand.

Truth be told, Kaname thought her despair was delicious. He could feel it. Yuki was always too happy, and love her as he does, it got on his nerves. Y/N came from a broken background, she was easier to toy with.

That girl gave him such mixed emotions.

——————

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than usual!

Word count: 1189