Chapter 3: Kiss Under Moonlight

Edited on 4, May, 2018

—————

3rd Person P.O.V

The girl slipped out of the study, avoiding the tense atmosphere of six pairs of eyes staring her down as she fluttered out of the house, going so fast it seemed like her feet weren't touching the ground.

A walk was something she certainly needed, but seeing Zero was more important. It had been years since she'd really been around her closest friend, and her new charge refused to even let her see him unless she made an excuse. It was devastating.

So the white-clad Night Class student walked along the winding walkways scattered around the campus. None of the Day Class students were acting up today, much to her relief. None of them even knew she existed yet, besides the two from a day or so previous.

She was told that she'd guide the group through the gates every day, rather than Kaname. For their protection.  The auburn haired boy wasn't opposed to the idea, but suggested she walk beside him instead. It was agreed that would be the arrangement.

Playing off being human was getting harder, for she was allergic to the blood tablets provided to the Night Class. No one but her Mentor and Headmaster Cross knew of her predicament, and they both said they couldn't help. If she didn't feed soon her energy would lessen, and she couldn't have that.

Zero wasn't an option, even if the day came that she collapsed in front of him and he learned of her true nature. Even if, miraculously, he didn't hate her and insisted she drink from him- she wouldn't do it.

None of the Day Class students were an option either, she couldn't risk accidentally turning one of them. That left Yuki and the Night Class. Kaname would have her beheaded if she tried to bite Yuki, so that was a no.

Ruka didn't like her. She was a no. Rima and Senri seemed to like her well enough, but they weren't exactly friendly. Aido wouldn't be able to keep her true nature a secret, and Katsuki was too abrasive for her. Ichijo seemed like the best option, but she couldn't risk him slipping the information in front of Kaname.

Kaname.

Naturally, the other pureblood seemed like the perfect choice, but he didn't seem very fond of her. Nor did he seem like the type to give his blood up to anyone but Yuki.

She was out of options. She sighed, looking up from the cement to break her train of thought, only to collide with another person. She stepped back quickly, drawing her Apollo Briar and aiming it. Unimpressed lilac eyes observed her, and weapon was quickly lowered.

"Zero."

"Quit saying my name like that, it's weird." His tone was playful, but his expression was stoic as usual. It was still a win.

"You're just the person I wanted to see! Oh, I should probably keep it down, I'm not exactly supposed to be talking to you." She rambled, flustered. He raised an eyebrow at her jumbled speech.

"You aren't supposed to be talking to me?" He sounded like she'd just accused him of murder. Y/N winced.

"Well... I asked Lord Kaname if I could come visit you, to catch up, you know? But he wouldn't let me. So instead I asked to go for a walk, and he let that pass. I kind of hoped I'd run into you so we could talk anyway but-"

He cut her off by placing a hand on her head, and she looked up at him expectantly. He didn't seem very happy.

"Call him Kaname, damn. And he doesn't get to dictate whether or not you see me, understand? You're watching him, not vise versa." His tone was study, but there was something underneath that voice.