Chapter 1: Introduction

Edited: 3, May, 2018

I'm going to try not to change the story too much, but there is a whole lot that's going to be fixed because wow this was horrible writing. If you're one of my re-readers let me know! Thank you all for the support, I appreciate it so so much.
———————

"I suppose we're on our way then, Mr. Yagari?" Upon the mention of his name, the hunter cast her a side glance. He insisted on walking the young huntress to school on the first day, and he wouldn't hear a word of protest. Though reluctant to agree, Y/N had learned to live with his decision.

He didn't care how capable she was, he was going to be there for her first meeting with the headmaster. He also knew that Zero would be there, and he wanted to make sure the two of you didn't overreact upon seeing each other again. It had been years, after all. There was no telling what kind of resentment had brewed either of them- Y/N especially.

                    ~ Le time skip ~

Your P.O.V

Headmaster Cross was far more accepting of my situation than I had expected. Although, we had a history. Not only did he know of my past, I knew his 'daughter' Yuki. In a way, the two of us were similar. She had no clue she was of vampiric decent, peacefully living out her life as a human.

I knew exactly what I was and where I came from. It was my biggest motivator. Hurt me as it did to kill the defects of my own kind, it was something that needed to be done. Because with this ability I was slowly figuring out who took my parents from me. When I did, it would be the most rewarding thing I could ever hope to experience.

So it was decided I'd join the night class, although Yagari made Headmaster Cross swear to keep me cloaked as a human. I don't know how, but that man has managed to keep people from finding out about me for years. I wouldn't ruin his hard work now.

My guide was someone I knew well, despite him not knowing me.
I kept tabs on any important vampire I could, he wasn't excluded from that list by any means. Besides, I knew his family a long time ago. He was in the same situation as me, stripped of his family by someone thirsty for blood. The only difference is he knew who he was hunting.

——————
Vampire Log #12

Name: Kaname Kuran
Age: 10,000+
Physical age: 17
Origin: Son of Haruka and Juri Kuran
Species: Pureblooded
Other notes: One of the seven remaining pure blood families. Also one of the progenitors of the vampires.
——————

"So, a human in the night class. What caused you to make this decision headmaster Cross?" His voice hadn't changed. It was still even, emotionless. A small smile tugged at my lips when I looked at him. He hadn't changed either. He still looked like baby Kaname, just grown up. I wondered in a fleeting panic if he'd recognize me, but I knew he wouldn't. We'd hardly spoken the one time we had met years and years ago.

"She's a hunter. Typically this would be a problem for your kind, but she's Toga's best student. We think having a hunter on the vampire's side would be very useful. Should anything happen to one of you, she can act as a body guard and you wouldn't run the risk of being discovered."

It was a good story, even I was a little surprised. Not that it was noticeable. Years of heartache and consistent training from my mentor had helped me gain control over my emotions. I could thank him for that, along with many other things.

If I wasn't still bitter, maybe I would've called Toga Yagari my father. He had certainly acted like it. Since I was eleven he had been there for me, teaching me anything he knew. Many thought him to be aloof, but I knew better. He was just very hard to read, like Zero Kiryu.