42

"I don't get it, Ethan."

Travis and Ethan were sitting on a bench in Central Park, hands intertwined.

"Don't get what?"
"You let me hold your hand. You let me say I love you. But you won't let me kiss you or date you because you have a girlfriend."
"She loves me and I love her, but I love you platonically."
"Hmph."
"What?"
"That word. Platonic. The exact way to state you're sending mixed signals and enjoy playing with my emotions."
"Travis, listen, I—"
"No, you listen. I'm tired of you—"
"Woah, woah, chill the fuck out, Travis."
"I'm serious, Ethan! You can't go making me fall for someone who won't be there to catch me!"

Travis let go of Ethan's hand.

"..."
"..."
"Ouch."
"I'm in a very unsta—"
"Yeah."
"I said, I'm in a place where I just can't—"
"Uh huh."
"I know you don't care and I know I'm being the overdramatic dickhead I am, but shuyt the fuck up for once and listen."
"..."
"Good. All I'm asking from you is to either figure out your dating situation and keep up the flirty nature, or just talk to me as a friend. Because to me, being in the middle of this sucks."
"... Alright. I'll be right back."

Ethan stood up from the bench and started walking away.

"Wait! Where are you going?"
"I'll text you when I'm going back to the hotel. Please don't hurt yourself while I'm gone."
"How long will you be gone for?"
"A while."

Travis was left alone in the middle of Central Park, dazed and a bit confused.

"I can't deal with this... Not right now."

Travis started walking the opposite way.

"At least I stole his wallet."

•••

Idk wtf this chapter was but I hope you enjoyed
If you weren't here for the daily messages last night, I got a uke and named it okra