Mating is so Overrated! Chapter 1 - Mate?*

Start from the beginning

I have no problem with boys being boys and doing there thing or whatever, but when they start messing and hitting on me then that's an issue. The good things is not all boys are like that, including one of my best-friends, Luke. Sometimes I beg to differ..

"Vannessa!" I heard my name being called as I got off the bus and on to the bus loop.

I looked around until my eyes fell on bright blue, sparkling eyes, that could hypnotize any girl if the girl let them. I absolutely love those eyes, I could look at those eyes for the rest of my life and always be satisfied.

"Vannessa?" Luke said pulling me from my trance, and noticing my deep hard stare at his eyes, "just won't stop staring at this beautiful face, huh?" he said teasingly, and gesturing to himself.

"More like, revolting," I teased back at him. Actually, Luke is pretty good looking. His perfect blond hair that spikes in just the cutest way, and his ocean blue eyes that could have you staring at them for years. He was pretty built, but not as built as his older brother, Logan

We began walking into school side by side, and talked about random things like the dream I had last night, and the pack meeting later. Luke is also a Werewolf, but he absolutely loves it.

We tend to be very opposite on everything. I really don't understand why I'm friends with him especially since he's one of the biggest players at our school, but not around me, sometimes.

Luke walked me to my locker blabbing about some party that was going on Saturday.

"You should really come Vannessa," Luke said trying to convince me to go to a party hosted by the biggest doushe bag in the school, Terrence.

"Let me think," I said tapping my finger against my chin, pretending I was really thinking, "No," I said bluntly.

"Come on, please," he said still begging, "Logan is gonna be there," he said waggling his eyebrows at me.

Logan is my biggest, real, and first crush, and also Luke's older brother. So, Luke didn't actually agree to me liking him. Well scratch that, Luke doesn't agree to me having a interest in any guy like that. Luke says Logan is a bigger doushe than Terrence. Which for one is impossible, and two, he isn't. He is probably the sweetest most sincere guy I have ever met. I've known him as Iong as have known Luke, 12 years. I just never felt like that towards him until ninth grade. I'm honestly surprised Luke has not told him though.

"Yea, like that will change my mind," I said trying to hide the lie I had spoke. It really did have me think twice about going.

"Your lying."

"Ok, I'm lying, it did have me think twice about it, but the answer is still no," I said tapping his nose with the last three words.

I didn't realize we had been standing by my locker for the last five minutes, talking about this party until I noticed there was only few people in the hallway.

"Luke!" I said causing him to immediately stop his blabbing.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

I pointed at the clock letting him know we were gonna be late if we didn't leave now.

He immediately understood, and we both rushed to first block.

Our first block classes are different, so we split down hallways going in different directions.

I rushed down the hallway only a few seconds left before the bell rang. Right when I was about to reach the class room's door, a huge muscular arm snaked around my waist while putting a hand over my mouth, and pulling me into a completely dark room.