Chapter 24

I slowly opened my sore eyes. My head was pounding, but my body felt a bit better. Looking around, I could see I was back at the camp.

"Allan?" I called out. I could hear feet patter over. 

Allan was standing over me. "My dear." I tried to sir up, but Allan kept me down. "I'm not being funny or anything but, take it easy. Your body needs time to fully health."

I grabbed Allan's shirt and pulled him to me. "I've missed you." I softly told Allan before kissing him.

"Well, I've missed you." His voice was smooth and beautiful, just like I remember. Allan's accent made his words sound funny. I missed him so much.

"So, tell me, what happened the past few days."

Allan chuckled. "The usual. We looked for you. There was a horrible drought. I've been worried sick about you. Much really misses Kate."

"Do you miss Kate?" My voice made my word sound bitter than it was supposed to.

Allan sighed. "Why would I miss her? You're the one I'm going to marry."

"I don't know. I just thought you might miss her quick insults or her bright ideas."

Allan placed his hand on the side of my face. "Sirena, you got to let Kate go. She's dead and you're the one I love. You ought to that. I help a couple and their little boy the other day." Allan looked down and smiled. "Seeing them and how happy they were made me think. I've been thinking about us and starting a family together. Of course, after we get married."

I looked at Allan with a huge grin on my face. "I'd love that, so much." I breathed and hugged my tightly.

●●●●

After a few days I was back to normal. I was with Allan, Much, and Robin in the Sherwood forest. Robin was teaching Much how to fight. They were practicing. Allan leaned against a tree with my small sliver mirror in his hands. I was standing on the opposite side of were Allan stood.

I was trying to block the light out of my face, the light Allan was deliberately shining at me. "Allan!" I scolded.

Allan chuckled. "What?"

"Much! You don't go easy just because it's training!" Robin shouted.

"I'm trying not to hurt you." Much replied.

I strolled over to Allan.

"You're not going to hurt him if you never hit him, are you?" Allan sarcastically said to Much. He was trying to shine the beem of light in Much's eyes right as Robin and Much started to fight again. Allan somehow managed to do it. Much ran into a tree because Allan blinded him. Allan and I started to laughed.

Much was laying on the ground, holding his head.

"Blinding!" Allan laughed.

"Allan." I scolded again. I went over to Much to see if he was alright.

Then John and Tuck ran down the hill to where we stood.

"Robin!" John shouted. "We've hust seen a royal carriage on the north road." John said, out of breath.

"It's carrying the King's insignia, not the Prince's." Tuck explained, also out of breath.

"Let's go." Robin ordered.

"Get up." I said, pulling at Much's arm. "Allan, help me."

Allan came over and helped me get Much up. Allan and I started to laugh at Much because he was a bit dizzy when he stood.