35 - life lessons

Start from the beginning

My feet hit the ground and I brushed past Elliot, getting into the kitchen and preparing breakfast, made with eggs, bacon and toast. He knew I was the worst cook, but he still wanted me to cook for him.

After I finished, I put everything on a plate and left the kitchen again. "It's ready." I shot and walked in the bathroom, closing the door behind me and took a quick shower.

My goal for today was to get Elliot to let me walk around. I needed fresh air, I needed to see other faces than his and I just wanted to go for a jog. I know it's senseless to shower before you take a jog, but it was much needed, believe me.

After I showered and got dressed, I walked into the living room, where Elliot had his empty plate in front of him and was now watching something on TV.

"You know, if you want to stay, watch TV, eat my food and shower here, you should get a fucking job, because I won't be paying the bills all on my own." I snapped at him. He turned his head towards me. "I have a job." he smirked, which made my eyes roll in annoyance. "Drug dealing is not a fucking job." I argued but he just shrugged.

"Elliot, I want to take a walk." I announced. Elliot quickly got up out of the couch and nodded, "I'll come with you." My shoulders slumped down and I looked at him. "Elliot, I want to go alone." I explained. "No, I'm coming with you." He sternly said and walked towards me. I took a few steps back, trying to avoid him. "Elliot, I see your face 24/7, I need a break. I'll be back in an hour, my whole stuff is here, I won't run away. This is my home. I just need.. I need some time alone." I told him, trying to make him understand, even though I was scared.

Elliot seemed to think about my words, because he was not answering. "You will be back?" he asked after a few minutes of silence. "Yes, Elliot. I'll be back in an hour, I'll walk around, get some groceries and then I'll be back again." I answered. I knew if I got annoyed, he would decline on the instant. I had to try to stay soft sometimes, even though I wanted to cut his balls of.

"Alright. Guess, that's okay. Can you get me some beer and chocolate from the store?" he asked, his gaze falling to the ground. "Sure." I answered shortly.

I wanted to scream out of happiness, I finally get to go out again. Finally, I could walk around. It was such a little thing, but I couldn't be happier about it right now.

Elliot took a few steps towards me again, leaned down and pecked my cheek. "I love you." he mumbled and hugged me to his chest. I didn't move, I stood there, my arms on my sides and my chin on his shoulder. "See you later." I pushed him softly away and slipped into my shoes, took the key Elliot gave me and searched for my phone.

"Elliot, I need my phone." I closed my eyes, back turned to him, because I knew that this would cause a fight. "No. You can go out without your phone." he aggressively said. "Elliot, I need my fucking phone. Isaac asked me already why I haven't been answering his phone calls." Suddenly I was pressed against the door, Elliot's grip on my throat keeping me from breathing. "If you get your phone, you will call this Hardy guy or Isaac and tell them. Do you think I am that fucking stupid, you little blonde bitch." he hissed and tightened his grip. I grabbed his wrist and tried to get him away, my feet losing the contact to the ground. My lungs started hurting and just when I felt like passing out, Elliot loosened his grip and let me down again.

I slid down on the door, coughing hardly and my hand on my throat, trying to massage the pain away. "Fuck." I cursed, while coughing.

"Cover that up, it looks ugly." Elliot pointed towards the red mark on my neck, a disgusting smirk around his lips. I had no ounce strength in me to fight back and so I just nodded, got up and walked in my bathroom.