Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to SilverMoon36 who is sitting bored in the hospital with nothing to do. Never fear, this author is here! I hope you feel better, Beautiful, and I want you to know that, when it seems like the world is too scary and that everything's never going to be okay anymore, you have us here (your Wattpad family) and we'll push you along. I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Percy sat on a high stool in the kitchen, swinging his legs as he drew on some computer paper. He hummed quietly to himself, tilting his head at times when he heard shouting from Tony's lab.

Natasha and Clint were in the gym sparring while Steve was getting more colours for Percy from his room. Bruce was with Tony, making sure the genius didn't accidentally killed himself with a screwdriver, and Thor was attempting to use a toaster.

Percy continued colouring when he heard a crash from upstairs and his eyes narrowed. No one should be upstairs. His eyes widened when JARVIS sounded an alarm, the sound loud and grating on the child's ears but fuelling his veins with the need to get out of there.

A group of men came storming down the stairs, all carrying large guns and wearing gas masks. They spotted Percy and trained their weapons on him until a man came down the stairs as if he owned the place.

"Now, now," The man had slicked back brown-blonde hair and looked like a ken doll, his smile fake and annoying. "We don't want to scare the child," He tilted his head, eyes narrowing slightly at Percy. "Though, I do wonder why there's one in Stark's tower."

Percy stiffened at his words, immediately connecting that he has something more against Tony than the actual Avengers as a whole.

"Take him with us," Ken Doll ordered one of his men. "We can use him against Stark."

Yup. Man, Percy hated being right. Still, he glared at the guy who came close to him, enjoying the way he flinched back slightly. He shook it off and grab the child by the collar of his shirt, picking him up and gagging him. Percy wanted to roll his eyes as he thought, 'I don't talk, Dummy.'

"Put him out," Ken Doll snapped and Percy felt a rag placed over his nose and mouth. His vision got blurry and he could vaguely hear a battle going on below before he blacked out.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

When Percy woke up, the first thing he saw was the Avengers tied up and bloody in front of him, guns trained on them. Tony was the only one standing, shouting at the man. He said something like 'Killian' and Percy figured that must be Ken Doll's name.

"Percy!" Bruce looked at the boy with relief shining in his eyes, his cheeks losing their green tint when he saw him. He must've figured that the Hulk wouldn't do well right now. "Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?"

Percy tilted his head, eyes flickering to the men aiming at the Avengers, before he attempted to move his arms. He was met with resistance and figured he must've been tied up too. He wasn't hurt though so he nodded to the first question and shook his head negative at the second.

The six year old, trying to be as calm as possible in this situation, looked at each Avenger closely, looking for injuries. Thor was drugged deeply, looking baggy eyed and maybe a little high as he slumped against a wall, Mjolnir was clutched loosely in his hand. Natasha and Clint probably had broken ribs and their lips were bloody. Still, Natasha's hair looked as perfect as ever. Bruce was a bit bruised but he was successful in not hulking out. Steve's arm was broken and he had a bullet hole in his thigh. Luckily, it stopped bleeding, the super soldier serum trying to heal around it.

Tony's head was bleeding, the blood running dangerously close to his eyes, and he was clutching his side as if in pain. He was favouring his left leg, wincing ever-so-slightly when he was forced to move.

"Killian," Tony said the man's name as if he was a child, shaking his head. "I thought you knew this already. I don't make weapons anymore. And why the hell would you think I would willingly make you an A.I.? I thought you were supposed to be 'smart'."

"Don't patronise me, Stark," Killian growled. "I know I can convince you," He snapped his fingers and a man came forward with a bucket of water and a hose (where he got them, Percy didn't know).

"What is that for?" Tony tried to seem indifferent but Percy and the Avengers could see anxiety building up, fear locking into place.

"Just my method of convincing you," Killian smirked.

Tony suddenly found himself grabbed from behind and his head was forced into the water. He thrashed and bucked, feeling water enter his lungs and a feeling of being terrified settle in. He gasped for air when he was let up and he glared at Killian as he coughed out water, "I won't do it." His head was dunked again three more times, each time Tony refusing.

"Make me an A.I.," Killian demanded, smacking Tony on the face.

"Bite me," Tony ground out, spitting at the man.

"I didn't want to have to do this, Tony," Killian sighed, motioning for the man with the hose to come forward. The Avengers started shouting when they got the gist of what he was planning, cursing Killian for all they were worth. Percy was confused on what was going to happen but knew it wasn't good.

Tony soon found himself pinned to the floor and he squinted his eyes when pain exploded from his body. The hose was suddenly in his mouth and turned on. The man holding him down covered his nose and he found drowning.

Percy's eyes went impossibly wide as he saw Tony panic, thrashing on the ground and beating uselessly on the ground. He felt his own throat closing up in fear, knowing that, if this lasted longer, Tony could possibly die. He shook, ignoring the Avengers' shouts of concern towards him, and he felt fear and rage fill him. There was an intense tugging in his gut and his shaking was becoming uncontrollable.

"Percy!" Bruce shouted to the child, attempting to lean forward towards him, "Percy, look at me! Percy!" When the child did, Bruce had to resist flinching back in shock. The child's eyes were wide and impossibly green, seeming to be glowing.

Suddenly, Percy let out an ear-piercing scream and the windows shattered, shards of glass flying everywhere. The water in the bucket rose, attacking the goons and Killian, and the hose exploded, the water avoiding Tony, who gasped and coughed, turning on his side.

Percy continued to scream, tears streaming down his face, and the area looked like a war zone as water sliced everywhere and glass stabbed into the ground. Then, Thor was in front of him, large arms wrapping around him, and the male whispered an Asgardian lullaby. The child's screaming stopped and he slouched in the blonde's arms, sobbing quietly. The water fell to the floor, as did the glass, and there were only a few people left standing, maybe four or five plus Killian.

Thor had managed to overcome the drugs in his system, probably his Asgardian healing abilities in action, and broke the chains around Natasha and Clint, who recovered from their shock to take out the remaining people, including the ones pointing guns at them. They picked up someone's gun and trained it on Killian, who held his hands up in surrender, his eyes wide with shock and fear.

When Steve called SHIELD after his chains were off, agents came in and apprehended Killian and his men, taking him away. Thor was still holding Percy, gently rocking the child and whispering some more Asgardian songs. He looked down when he thought he heard muffled words and the six year-old looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Help me," He whispered, voice wobbly. "I'm scared."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

🌊

Whoosh.