Chapter 5

Percy at least had the decency to look guilty as Bruce rubbed his ear. It didn't last long, however, when Percy scooted towards him, eyes bright with  excitement.

   "Tony," Bruce said uneasily after five minutes. "You kid's staring at me -oh, he blinked!"

   "He likes you," Tony grinned, making his way over. "Just wait until he sees Rogers." The Stark laughed when Percy looked at him, jaw dropped, "That's right, Squirt. Captain America lives here too."

   Percy did a fainting motion, grin playing on his lips, and Bruce chuckled, "He's just as dramatic as you."

   Tony put a hand on his chest in mock hurt, "Brucie, what ever do you mean?"

   "I rest my case."

   Laughing, Tony looked at the neatly wrapped bandages and nodded, "Alright, Squirt, are you hungry?"

   Percy's stomach growled and he blushed, nodding and rubbing the back on his head.

   "Alright then," Tony helped the child down from the table and blinked when he immediately grabbed his hand. Eyes softening, the billionaire squeezed the hand gently and led him out of the room, calling, "Brucie, come on!"

xxxxxxxxxxx

   "Hm..."

   Bruce walked into the kitchen shortly after the two raven haired boys (because Tony wasn't mature enough right now to be called a man) and couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

   Tony and Percy were standing in front of the oven, hand on their chin, and stared at it like it was the most complex equation.

   "What are you trying to make?" The scientist asked, walking towards the two.

   "Cookies," Tony answered, not looking away from the oven. "I want them... to be blue..."

   Bruce, to his credit, merely blinked at the strange request, "Well, first, you have to preheat the oven..."

   Percy and Tony watched closely as Bruce performed every step, committing everything to memory. They nodded once in a while and the two even got to roll the dough, much to their delight.

   "Ever use a phone before?" Tony asked as he chewed on a cookies, nearly melting in delight.

   Percy paused for a moment, thinking, before nodding and stuffing two cookies in his mouth.

   "Good," Tony slid over a Stark phone to the six year old, who's eyes lit up. "'Cause this one's yours."

   Percy beamed up at the genius in thanks before wiping his hands on a napkin and grabbing the electronic.

   Soon, both Tony and Percy were playing on their phones while eating, occasionally making faces at each other.

   Bruce was surprised that a six year old managed to work a Stark phone (which made him feel bad for Steve) but quickly shook it off. He had a feeling he would be more surprised later on.

   "Hey, Stark, what'cha coo... king...?" Clint trailed off when he walked into the kitchen.

   Tony Stark and a six year old were writing on some papers (somehow transitioning from playing on their phones to writing in the ten second pause); complex looking equations blooming on the parchment. Tony would smirk, ruffling the boy's hair, who smiled back.

   Clint blinked before turning to Bruce, who looked amused, "Why is there a mini Stark?"

   "That's Percy," Bruce smiled.