Chapter 4

{EDITED}

I woke up extremely warm. I felt as if a hot iron had just been placed all over my body. But it didn't hurt, it just, tingled a bit. The tingling stirred my memory. I couldn't remember much from last night...

I looked to the side of me. Hunter was lying next to me, very much naked. I gasped. Everything came rushing back, like it was all happening again. I never knew sex could be so good. I had heard stories, but to experience it with your mate was something entirely different.

I tried to get out of my bed, but his grip around my waist tightened. Were male wolves possessive or something? Honestly, I didn't really care. I guess I just liked having him in my bed. Just thinking about him got me even more hot and bothered.

Something changed about me last night. I had been a cold, evil bitch to everyone around me. And in the space of one evening, by one man, I craved something I hadn't in a while - love. I felt raw emotions and it was amazing. I sighed and leaned into his chest. We were one. I fell back asleep with happy thoughts.

*************

I woke up again, only this time, I was much cooler. I realized Hunter was no longer next to me. I sat right up and look around wildly. Did he leave me? Was I nothing to him? Was I just some one night stand? These thoughts consumed my mind, and they wouldn't go away.

"I'm right here, I would never leave you," said a husky voice.

I looked to where my bathroom was. He was standing there with only a towel around his waist. I looked down at his chest and my eyes widened. I could almost feel drool coming out of my mouth. I couldn't believe this fine piece of meat wanted me.

"I love to know that I can make you feel like this, baby girl, but we still have school to attend. " He said this, grinning cheekily.

"I was..never mind, it's my turn for the shower." I said. It took everything in me to not stare at him.

I got up from my bed and tried to walk past him, but with little success. He grabbed me by my waist and slammed his lips to mine. I got as close to him as I possibly could and melted in his touch. I felt dizzy for a moment and, regretfully, removed my lips from his.

"What was that for?" I asked him, love clearly shining in my eyes.

"Oh, you know, just a proper good morning. I only want the best for my woman." He bent down and nibbled on his mark on me. I moaned softly. It took every ounce of strength that I had to push him off.

I walked past him and turned on the shower. I absolutely loved hot, steamy showers. I took my towel off and looked at myself in the mirror. Hunter must be blind. There was no way a girl like me could be with a guy like him.

"Ah, love, you're the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. I am definitely not blind. It is you who is blind." He smirked.

"Can you read my mind or something?" I asked, instantly putting my towel back on.

"Yes, actually." He chuckled at my bewildered expression. "Besides the fact that you are linked to me as my mate, I also have the ability to read minds. However, you can block me, if you so desired. I couldn't possibly understand why you'd want to though." His laugh echoed in my small bathroom. With that, he walked out and closed the door behind him.

I stepped into the shower. It was heaven incarnate. The heat made all the aches and pains of my love affair from last night just go away.

However, when it touched the spot in between my shoulder and neck, it burned my skin. I jumped, like I had been burnt by a hot pan. I quickly got out of the shower and put my towel back on.

The door burst open, and there stood a fully dressed Hunter. "What's wrong?" He bellowed.

"My neck..." I blinked rapidly before I succumbed to the darkness.

Hunter's P.O.V

I felt a jolt of pain in my neck, right where Cassie's mark was. I searched within myself and knew that the pain wasn't coming me. It was coming from Cassandra.

I busted into the bathroom, "What's wrong?" I bellowed.

"My neck..." she said. She stumbled on her feet and fell to the floor. I caught her in my arms and held her closely.

Cassie!" I yelled.

In an instant, her dad and my mother ran into the bathroom. Cassie's head was in my lap and I stroked her beautiful hair.

"What did you do?" asked her dad.

"Absolutely nothing," I replied.

I turn her head and look at my mark on her neck. It was fading. What the hell?Two swords crossed. One was black while the other was red. But both started fading in color. I didn't understand. A mate's mark did not just disappear.

"My mark on her..." I croaked out loud.

David scooped up Cassandra gently and handed her to Claudia. He told her to get her dressed and then to carry her downstairs.

David told me to follow him downstairs. He started up the coffee maker and asked me if I wanted some. I was too numb to answer, so when he gave me a cup, we drank in silence for a couple of minutes. I heard someone and I jumped from my seat. My mom, however, was only carrying Cassandra down the steps. Claudia sat on the couch, and put Cassandra's head in her lap.

"What is happening?" I asked out loud.

My mate's dad and Claudia glanced at each other nervously.

"What? What!" I shouted at them.

Their silence was what followed. And it was killing me.