Finally I find it under a rock. I pick it up feeling it's soggy texture between my fingers. It would fall apart any second. I quickly run back to where we were sitting and see Hector look at me confused.

Hot tears cloud my vision as I stare at card.

All my marks had smeared and the card would fall into pieces any moment. It felt like a piece of me would fall apart too. I've had this card ever since I was a refugee. From the start.

Hector put a hand on my shoulder and I felt a tear slip out of my eyes. Guess I learned how to feel again.

For a while I felt numb and out of place. After seeing so much and going through so much, crying and regretting didn't seem to cross my mind. It's as if being a refugee really made me feel nothing towards my surroundings. It changed last night when I cried, and it's changing again right now.

Suddenly I remember there is someone besides Hector and I in this sewer.

My first thought was, what happened to them?

My second thought was, did they know we were here?

I hold my jacket in my hand as Hector and I exit the tunnel cautiously.

With a wet lighter, we could kiss having a lit path goodbye.

I clutched Hector's little hand as my other hand was pinned to the wall keeping us away from the sewer water.

Suddenly, light filled in the sewer. I noticed an un closed sewer hatch. No one was in sight.

I gave Hector a nod and we began climbing up the ladder.

"GOTCHA!"

I heard a male voice yell and soon a scream from Hector.

My eyes didn't catch sunlight before I jump back down into the sewer again.

"Hector!" I yell as I run down the wall. The sun beams slowly leaving me as I run deeper into the sewer.

I can't see anything and my eyes haven't adjusted.

"Not another step." I felt the mans breath above my forehead.

None the less I kept my voice firm,"Let him go. He's just a child."

"And I am the police."

"He isn't a criminal?"

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Hector Lewis right?"

I heard Hector say a faint yes and the police begins to continue, "Stealing from clothing stores, grocery stores, houses, and hell even a public bathroom."

I felt my throat tighten and I heard Hector whimper.

"I'm taking him away."

"No pleas-"

"You can't claim this child miss. You aren't his mom."

"How did you even find us?"

"It wasn't hard miss." He smiled at me, and I replied with a grim expression on my face.

And with that the police ran away.

With Hector.

"Hector just hang in there! I will save you!"

"Okay." Was all I received.

I felt my throat tighten more and my stomach beginning to hurt. What would they do to him?

How did they know we were in the sewers? How could he just know?!

I try to think about leaving any traces behind indicating Hector was here. Then I remember sirens. Surely they must've seen us.

Guess Hector was right when they said they were people after him.

My hands are soon sprawled on my face and I felt my body shake as the tears fell out of my eyes.

I've failed on saving this child. Giving him a possible hope of finding a place to live, or even his parents.

"No." I say.

"No!!" I yell.

Feeling good about the yelling I get up, making up my mind to find Hector.

I run back out to the sewer hatch, and find it still opened, I huff and climb the ladder up to it.

My eyes adjust to the night. Guess it took us that long to get out of here. The cold of the Norway air soon is upon me and my wet clothes. I shiver and wear my jacket trying to at least get some warmth.

Wet warmth I may add.

I walk around feeling numb. The sun almost setting.

Deciding to find my way back to camp I try to use my best sense of direction.

With no North Star to guide me yet, this will be a pain.

After about 40 minutes of walking I sight my first refugee tent and begin to gain some hope again.

I run to the camp and immediately begin to look for our tent.

"Who are you?"

I hear.