thirteen

"Bye mom love you." I kissed her cheek then grabbed my backpack for school. "Oh and I won't be home till later after school because I'm going to hang with Dinger for a little is that okay?" I asked and rushed out the door as my mom walked out on the porch. "Yeah that's fine but please be home in time for dinner me and Travis need to tell you something but have fun love you!" She yelled to me as I jumped on my bike and Dinger was sitting on his waiting for me. I gave her a wave then rode off. Her and Travis have to tell me something what's the worst that could happen?

"Never seen you so excited to get to school!" I yelled as he was peddling fast in front of me. "I'm not, were racing!" He yelled back and I smirked. "This isn't a race!" I started peddling faster losing control a bit but I got used to it and I passed him. "Yes it is!" I then watched as he passed me and he turned his head back to me and I saw his crooked smile. "Dinger watch!" I screamed out as he then turned his head back around and a car was right in front of him but he managed to swerve around it as the person beeped there horn at us.

He then screamed as he fell off his bike in someone else's yard. "I'm okay, I'm okay." He breathed out rubbing the dirt off his pants and I dropped my bike on the ground and couldn't stop laughing. "Get up you dork." I smiled and grabbed his hand helping him up. We stood for a second in silence until a smirk appeared on my face. "Hey the race isn't over." I then patted his shoulder and picked up my bike and rode off as he let out a laugh and rode behind me.

I looked up to see Lainie and Bobby walking side by side on the sidewalk as Dinger passed them going fast and then receiving a middle finger from Bobby. "Asshole!" Bobby yelled making me laugh and I quickly passed them too.

I rolled my bike in the bike rack by the school right next to Dingers. I looked around for him but couldn't seem to find him. He ran off already? I giggled to myself and walked up to the school. I looked through the halls as I walked to my locker still not finding him.

"Elle! Elle!" A girl ran up to me shouting my name I recognized her but we weren't friends or anything. "What?" I asked concerned as she was approaching me which was rare. "One of the jocks said Dinger was in the bathroom with Jim fighting." I rolled my eyes and marched to the boys bathroom down the hall.

I walked in seeing Jim pushed up against the wall and Dingers fist was wrapped around the collar of his shirt. "What the hell." I said crossing my arms as the two turned there heads and Dinger immediatly let go and stood up straight and so did Jim. "Uh hey Elle." Dinger gave me a small wave and then looked down at his feet. "I thought you two were finally done." I rolled my eyes remembering the other night when they had a fight. "Dinger was just trying to get even." Jim smirked. I was confused because he was literally going to let Dinger punch him so I laughed to myself and looked back up to them. "Oh okay then, kick his ass why the hell do I care." I walked out of the bathroom and stood out there and waited. I could still here them talking. "Wait Dinger, I thought you were going to let me go and we were even I mean well your girlfri-." And then I heard Dinger cut him off. "Jim buddy, pal, it's 1988 and my girlfriend can do whatever she wants and if she wants me to kick your ass then I shall kick your ass." Dinger laughed and before I could hear anything else I walked away to go gather my things for first period.

>>>

It was 4th period and I was about to walk in the class but my arm was pulled back and Dinger stood there. The halls were then empty of students and my teacher closed the door but didn't see me standing out in the hall. "What?" I asked as he pulled me more down the hallway. "Let's ditch 4th and go somewhere." Dinger smirked but acted casual as if I do this all the time which I don't. "Like where?" I giggled as he led me down the hallway making sure there were no teachers with every corner we turned. "Hmm I was thinking an old janitors closet." I furrowed my eye brows. "How romantic can you be." I fluttered my eyelashes as he stopped in the hallway. "Okay then we can just make out here." He nodded his head then pulled my face to him. "No, ew who said I wanted to make out with you." I said sarcastically and pushed him away. "Okay then I'll see you at lunch." He kissed my forehead and began to walk away but I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me. "Closet it is."

>>>

School was over and the 4 of us were all walking home. Me and Dinger decided to just walk our bikes since we wanted to talk to Bobby and Lainie on our way home. "Elle why do you smell like chemicals." Dinger immediatly bursted out laughing as Lainie asked me that question. "What I thought I got the smell all off of me." I wined and rubbed my shirt as if that was helping. "But really why do you?" Bobby questioned me again and I sighed. "Well me and Dinger well-." "She's trying to say that we were trying to make out but that ended up being me spraying her with a bottle of cleaning spray because she was-" "Complaining about the smell of chemicals in there, I know, I know." I continued the story in a guy voice mimicking myself being him.

About not even 10 minutes we reached Dingers house just me and him.

"Mom I'm home! Me and Elle will be up in my room!" Dinger yelled throughout the house before running up the stairs to his bedroom.

"So what do you want to do?" Dinger asked then sitting on his bed. "I don't know." I giggled then started grabbing stuff off of Dingers dresser and putting it on me. I put on his hat and sunglassss then slid on a jacket. I then spotted his cane that he used when he had a broken leg out of the corner of my eye. "Look I'm Dinger Holfield." I said in a guy voice and stumbled over to him. "Stop." He laughed and stood up grabbing the hat off of my head and setting on his. "Why you being so goofy today." He tapped my nose with his finger then took the cane out of my hand. "Why do you still have that thing?" I asked as he started dancing around with his cane. "Just never got rid of it." He shrugged then put it back where it was.

"Oh Elle." He sang my name and plopped down on his bed on his back. "Hmm?" I hummed and laid down next to him on my stomach. "I really love you, ya know." He smiled and closed his eyes. "I really love you too." I said and rolled on my side draping my arm over his chest. It was silent for about 5 minutes as we laid there together. "My baby is sweet as can be she gives me a toothache just from kissing me" Dinger sang out then started laughing at the end of his singing. I hit him playfully in the chest. "What." I giggled and sat up rubbing my eyes. He then propped himself up on his elbows. "I don't know." He laughed rubbing his eyes then looking at the time.

I followed his actions and looked at the time too. "I have to go soon." I sighed. Then there was a knock at Dingers door and his mom walked in. "Elle darling are you staying for dinner?" She politely asked me. "No I actually got to head home for dinner." I smiled to his mother standing in the door entry. "Well okay. Dinger dinner will be ready soon." He nodded and she walked out.

"Bye." I kissed his cheek then went to stand up but he pulled me on top of him and kissed my lips. "Bye."

>>>

I sat down at the table as my mom and Travis sat across from me and we all began to eat. "So mom what was it you need to tell me?" I asked them taking a bite from my food. "Well I got a new job." She clapped her hands together in excitement. "Cool." Was all I could say knowing she would be leaving again. I then saw her reach across the table and place her hand on top of mine. She then opened her mouth to say something but I stopped her. "Where at?" I asked and she pulled away her hand and and I ate more of my food. "New Jersey." She smiled then looked at Travis and back at me. "Honey, we're going to move there." I nearly choked on my food. "What?!" I yelled and her eyes filled with worry as I raised my voice. "Elle are you okay?" Travis asked looking at my mom as she looked at him back. "This is some joke right." I stood up and ran my hand through my hair. "We both thought it would be a good idea if we-." I cut her off. "A good idea? Mom you can't just do stuff like that to me." I paced back and forth with my hand resting in my hair on the top of my head.

"We're moving."

__________________________________

this is so dumb im laughing but yeahh that happened and i wrote this last summer or whenever but i thought id publish it i guess...