four

I continued to walk home. I was walking on the sidewalk on my street when I then reached Dingers house and saw him sitting outside smoking but once he saw me he quickly put the cigarette out.

I kept walking thinking that he would just ignore me anyway.

"What is this? My bestfriend isn't even going to stop and say hi." I heard him come up behind me. I then stopped and turned around to him.

"Thought you were mad at me." I said. "Why would I be mad at you? I could never be mad at you." He smiled. I bit my lip thinking that Lainie was right, I was just overreacting.

"God Elle it's cold outside, here take my jacket." He then took off his denim jacket and handed it to me. I smiled and put it on.

"So I was going to ask why your out here this late alone." He swung an arm over my shoulders. "You don't want to know." I told him looking down at my feet as we walked.

"I'm guessing something bad happened huh?" He asked me and then I sighed. "Yup." I shook my head at how stupid this night was.

We reached my house and we sat outside for a few minutes so I could tell him what had happened.

>>

"You should have slapped him." Dinger laughed and stood up from the stairs outside. "Yeah maybe I should have but it's over now." I said.

"Well I better get home before my parents see I'm not in my room." Dinger laughed and started walking a ways down the sidewalk then stopped. "Hey and maybe you should listen to your bestfriend next time." He continued, joking as I could tell by his sarcasm and the smirk he had on his face and I laughed.

I opened up my door then forgot something. "Don't you want your jacket back?!" I yelled to him. "No keep it besides, it looks good on you!" He yelled back smiling, then continued to walk.

I looked down and blushed a bit then walked up to my room.

>>

"Elle wake up its morning." I woke up seeing my dad standing by my bedroom door. "What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "It's time for you to get up and get ready." I then groaned as he always does this to me. I then laid in bed as he shut my door.

I got ready, taking a shower and everything. I then went down stairs to see my dad putting a bunch of luggage by the door. "What's the rush?" I asked leaning against the wall. "Your mother is leaving today remember, so we have to take her to the airport." I looked at him confused.

"What! You didn't tell me anything about this." I told him throwing my hands into the air. "Yeah your mom is going away for awhile for her new job." I sat down and started to put my shoes on. "You guys never tell me anything." I then ran outside slamming the door behind me.

My dad, well I mean my step dad, I just call him dad since my real dad was a drug dealer and my mom doesnt want me to have anything to do with him so she made my last name legal under his.

So my dad I guess he's okay. He has a nice job and he treats my mom good but when it came down to this stuff I feel like he wants me to feel this way for some reason like he wants me to feel bad for not knowing that my mom was going to leave for awhile.

My mother on the other hand. She was sweet, loving, and beautiful. She's not even home right now not surprised that my dad didn't bother to tell me.

I got on my bike and started to ride it down the street, turning on a dirt road. I was just going for a stroll since I needed to blow off some steam.

>>

I went back home seeing my mom standing outside and my dad packing the car with her luggage.

"We've been waiting." He said closing the door shut. I fake smiled and parked my bike getting into the car.

I stared out the window as we drove our way to the airport. "Mom you didn't tell me you were leaving." I said still looking out the window. "What? Travis said he told you last week." My mom looked back at me. "Uh I must have forgot to. Sorry." My dad then said keeping his eyes on the road.

I wanted to ask more but I decided to stay quiet and just continue to stare out the window wondering what hell is going to be like after we get back.

>>

I kissed my mom goodbye and we left the airport and drove back to the house. It was silent the whole entire time.

We arrived at the house and I immediately just walked straight up to my room and closed my door.

I laid down for not even 5 minutes. "Elle! Can you come do the dishes!" My dad yelled. I groaned and got up and went back down stairs.

>>

It was now Monday. I waved down the crowded hallway seeing Dinger at his locker with Bobby. Yesterday I had so many chores to do I didn't get to see him.

I started walking towards them until I tripped and fell. Just my luck. I looked over to see a jock standing with his foot out and laughing with his friends including Jim. Are they aloud to do this like what the hell.

"Elle!" I saw Dinger and Bobby run over and help me up. "I'm okay guys really." I brushed the dirt off my pants.

"Back off!" Dinger yelled to the one jock as he stepped closer to us. "What are you going to do about it little guy?" He said getting in his face then messing with his hair. "C'mon Dinger lets go." I grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

>>

We were now at lunch. "Those guys are jerks they shouldn't treat you like that." Dinger sat down with his tray. "Hey it's fine it doesn't bother me." I then said as I saw a piece of food fly and hit Bobbys face.

I was shocked and turned back to see the guys laughing and pointing at us from there table. I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

Is this really how I'm going to spend the rest of my school year.

__________________________________