three

Through the rest of the week of school Dinger was ignoring me and only talking to Bobby at lunch and in class so today was Friday and I invited Lainie over after school so we could talk.

We walked home after school. Dinger, Lainie, and I. He only lived a few houses down from mine and Lainie lived outside of town where Bobby lived. Dinger just walked behind us quietly.

We started to get close up to his house so I said bye to him as he just waved with a sad look on his face so I looked over at Lainie to see if she saw that. I didn't bother to ask what his problem was since I wasn't in the mood for drama.

>>

"See what I mean? Does he hate me? I don't know what I did wrong?" I laid down on my bed and buried my face into my pillow.

"Elle, give him some time. Maybe he's upset because you've been hanging around Jim all the time." Lainie gave a point. I looked up at her, brushing the hair out of my face. "I guess." I shrugged then pulled out my homework.

He just never done this before to me well maybe cause I've never hung around other guys before besides him and Bobby.

"Do you think maybe he's jealous?" I asked. "Of course he is!" Lainie laughed and pulled out a book. "Is that a good thing?" I asked her confused. "I don't know, depends." She wasn't as worried as I was which made me feel stupid and that I was overreacting.

Dinger, jealous, ha. 'Why would he possibly be jealous of me hanging around a guy.' I thought to myself.

>>

Well it's Saturday. Jim wanted me to go over his house for our second date or just to hang out and to also have dinner with him and his family. So I got ready and waited outside for him to come pick me up.

A few minutes later I saw his car pull up and I went and opened my house door and yelled inside to my parents. "Mom, Dad, I'm going now! Love you!" I then walked over to Jims car and let myself in.

"Nervous?" He asked. "No." I told him. "Good, you don't have to be anyway because we're not going to have dinner with my parents."

"What?" I asked him furrowing my eyebrows and looking at him. "You'll see."

>>

We were driving for about 25 minutes when we reached a dirt road that then led to an overview of the city. The town that I lived in wasn't that far away from the city.

Jim was popular and his dad was rich but that's not the reason why I like him I've just liked him for so long now that I kinda forgot why. Jim is attractive and nice and funny but I feel like sometimes his popularity gets in the way but maybe that's just me.

"Wow it's beautiful." I said smiling while I stepped out of the car. "Yeah I know right." He looked at me and smiled.

We sat on the hood of his car and his arm was draped around me while we talked.

"So, what time do you have to be home?" He asked me. "Before midnight." I told him as he took my hand and held it in his.

"Good becuase I was thinking maybe we can go back to my house since my parents aren't home." He trailed off. "And mess around a little bit." He continued. I looked away and rolled my eyes knowing where he is going with this.

"Jim I d-don't know." I told him. He then brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear and began to lean in to kiss me. I kissed him back.

He then started to tuck his hand under my shirt and slowly go up and that's where I stopped him.

"I don't want to." I told him nicely. "Why not? Just relax." He told me getting angry. "Because I just don't want to tonight okay, why can't you respect that."

It was then silent for a minute. "Sorry Elle, I just really like you okay." He told me pouting. "It's okay. I'm really cold now though." I changed the subject and started to rub my hands up and down my arms to keep me warm.

"Here I got something." He then quickly said running to the backseat of the car. I smiled hoping he would come back with something that would keep me warm like they do in the movies but I was wrong.

He came back with a bag full of pills. "Um what's this?" I asked him pointing at the bag. "What you've never done coke before?" He laughed pulling out a piece of paper and started rolling it up.

"I don't have something to smash the pills with can you go find soemthing hard?" I stood up looking at him like if he's insane.

"What the hell! Do you think I wanna spend my time getting high with you on drugs!" He just looked at me pissed.

"I thought that you would enjoy this since you flipped off th-!." I cut him off. "Just because I flipped some guy off doesn't mean I'm badass and enjoy doing drugs Jim!" I was yelling at him and I laughed at the same time because in some way I knew he would ruin this.

It was then silent for a few minutes. "Instead of getting to know me for the past week you just wanted a drug buddie huh?" I said lowering my voice. "Elle." He began to say my name. "Or just some toy right that you can play with and just put down whenever you get bored huh?" I spoke rudely. "Elle."

"No don't. Just please can we go?" I asked him nicely still a bit mad. "Are we breaking up?" He asked me. "I actually don't think we were even together." I spat and got into the car.

>>

It's only been 20 minutes and I still wasn't home and Jim kept trying to talk to me and put his hand on my thigh. "Pull over, I'm walking home." I told him unbuckling my seat belt. He then pulled over without saying anything and I got out.

I started walking home which should only take me 5 minutes. Jim then yelled out the window as he drove past me.

"Fuck you Elle! Have fun at school next week!" I rolled my eyes and continued to walk.

__________________________________