chapter twelve

Side note: did you guys see my new cover? I love it! Also if you haven't seen the trailer I've made for this book check it out, the link for it is in the media on chapter one! Sorry for wait, things have been getting hectic in the life of Makenna Leonard.

ALSO: if you like watching video edits and all that jazz, I started a new edit account on Instagram @maksedits if you wanna give it a follow but feel free to follow my personal IG @meleonard_ and Twitter @makennaleonard

Sorry I'm such a lame bitch, I'll stop self promoting.

"Harry please wake up." I shook him roughly, almost in a begging manner pleading for him to wake up. My head hurt and my stomach hurt even more.

"Charlie, what time is it?" He lifted him self up off the bad, he was originally on his stomach and now sat up with his forearms. "Way past the time I was planning on being home, please let's go." I jumped out of the bed and put my shoes on. Harry, getting out of bed very sluggishly ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm so dead." I whispered underneath my breath. It was past 9 o'clock, school started a good two hours ago.

"We need to go now! My dad has most definitely realized that I am gone. Harry, do you know the severity of this. I-I-FUCK. Let's go." I just kept repeating those words.

"Let's go. We need to go. I'm in big trouble." were the only words I could speak.

"Charlotte, you need to calm down. You freaking out will make the situation worse." He said sternly. I grabbed my hair and squeezed it hardly. "Harry shut up! You don't know anything!" I snapped, storming out of the room.

"Hey! Don't yell at me, I'm just trying to help. That's what friends do!"  He said right behind me. The thought of all the scenarios that could possibly happen when I got home were haunting me.

"If you were my friend, you would have driven me back to my house last night!" I retaliated.

"You were drunk of your ass, do you even remember anything?" I stopped at the front door and turned to face him. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Not really." I said crossing my arms. "Drunken sayings are sober thoughts." He reached across me and opened the door. "What is that suppose to mean?" I asked.

He slipped past me, "you'll figure it out sooner or later." We both got in his car, he put the key in the ignition. "Harry I can't go back home." I fiddled with my thumbs. He looked at my face and looked a bit crestfallen, "Don't do that." My voice cracked. "Do what?" He said softly, moving my hair out of my face. "Feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for myself so I don't want you to feel pity because I'm going to be okay."

He leaned his head back on the head rest, there was a few minutes of silence. Both of us just staring at nothing, "I have an idea." Harry chirped up. "How about we tell your father that you got up earlier than usual and took me to breakfast for a bible study and then to school."

"You mean lie?" My eyes widened. "Oh no Harry I don't think I could. He would still be very mad at me."

"But what's worse: telling him you got drunk and passed out at a party or that you got up early and helped a fellow sinner on his path to redemption?" Harry had a point, maybe dad would be kind of proud of me.

"Well it's not even ten o'clock yet, we have to kill time until school ends because if I go back now the lie will be pointless." I nodded his head, "I totally agree. The first thing we are doing is getting you a shower." He jokingly pinched his nose. I reached over and hit his shoulder. "What?! You reek of booze." He chuckled. "My sister Gemma is home, you can borrow some of her clothes." So that was the plan and I believed in my heart that this would work. We started the drive to Harry's house, I looked over at him monetarily. I wanted to live in this moment forever. The Lumineers blasting through the stereo, Harry's hair blowing in the wind and me just feeling happiness. That's what Harry seemed to bring me, pure happiness. He might not have had all the money in the world and couldn't buy me all the luxuries I ever wanted but the feelings he gave me were worth so much more.

"Home sweet home." Harry said as we pulled into his driveway. Harry opened the front door of his home, Gemma sat on the sofa with a MacBook on her lap. "Dude, where were you all night?" She asked looking up from her computer. "Gemma, this is Charlotte." He introduced, ignoring the question. She grinned slightly, "Are those my clothes, Harry?" She pointed her finger at me while making eye contact with Harry, "She needed them." He explained. He grabbed my hand and led me to the stairs. "Where are you two going?" Gemma called.

"To shower."

"Not together!" I bursted. "I mean I'm going to take one and then he's going to take one." She nodded her head slowly. "Okay." She shrugged.

"Is your sister always—"

"A bitch? Yes, always." Harry cut me off. I say down on his bed, putting wrinkles where I sat. "I was going to say straight forward." I corrected him.

"She's just very, opinionated. Don't take it personally if one day she says something rude about your shoes." He chuckled.

"You're the same way, Styles. You think you being so blunt sometimes doesn't come off as rude?" He walked into the hallway and grabbed a towel and wash cloth from the hall closet.

"Here." He tossed them both at me. "And to answer your question, me and Gem are nothing alike. She's a rude bitch who only cares about Starbucks  and her computer."

"Hm, I'd have to disagree Harry." I laughed. He rolled his eyes, "the bathroom is down the hall to the right. Left for cold, right for hot and then pull the knob at the button to let the shower run."

I proceeded to get into the the shower, letting the warm water run down my skin and face. I took a fairly quick shower. "All done." I said coming back into Harry's room with a towel in my hand, drying the ends of my hair. "Much better." He sniffed the hair playfully. "Are you ready to go?" He asked, grabbing his car keys. "Aren't you going to shower?" I asked, throwing my hair in a bun. "I did, my parents have one in their bathroom." He slipped his keys in his front pocket "let's go."

A/N: this chapter was terrible and such a follow but I felt like I NEEDED to update so I'm so sorry lol but I've been so busy with school and sports it's hard to update so just bare with me y'all!!