Chapter two

"You go to school and right after you come straight back. Understood?" My dad stood firm to his word. I nodded my head. "Yeah, sure. Can I go now? School starts in twenty minutes." I grabbed the door handle behind me. "Don't want to be late on my first day." I turned to walk out when I was stopped, "Wait!" My dad pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Ah, dad really? You know I hate pictures." I covered my face with my open hand. I slid it off slowly and smiled. He snapped a few pictures. "Hold on." He came over and fixed the color on my polo. "Thanks." I laughed and before he could say anything else I was out the door.

Thomas Jefferson high school had an attendance of approximately 1300. A thousand more than my old school. There were three seperate parking lots. One that was reserved for teachers and the others were for student parking. It was so crowded with teenagers, dangling out of there jeeps and hanging in the middle of the parking lot. I spent ten minutes looking for a parking space, and by this time the bell for first period had rung and the last little bit were clearing the lot. I was alone in the the back of the parking lot.

"Great." I yanked the key out of the ignition. How was I suppose to walk into class late? It was the first day and I'd look like a complete freak.

I swung my book bag over both shoulders, Scrambling to grab all of my other things. "Lord help me." I whispered as I climbed out of my car. I carried my feet as quickly as possible without running.

My eyes trailed across each door as I looked for the correct room number. My pencil pointed at each one as I did so. "Woah!" I heard a sudden voice as her shoulder rammed into mine and my books fell to the floor.

"I'm terribly sorry." I didn't look up at the person, just down at my scattered things. I bent down to pick them up quickly. "It's okay, I guess we both weren't looking where we were going. I'm Janice." My head slowly looked up at the person standing above me. She held her hand out and I shook it softly while standing up. She was really pretty. Soft brown waves with the longest eyelashes you'd ever seen. "Cool." I said awkwardly. She shrugged, "Frankly, I think Janice is a very boring name. I'd prefer something more hipster, like Aurora or Alaska. What's yours?" I looked past her and could see my class room at the end of the hall.

"Look, I don't want to be rude but I've got to get to class. It was so nice meeting you, Janice!" I cooed. She laughed, "Thats a really long name! I won't remember that!" She joked. "It's Charlotte! My name is Charlotte!" I flashed her a quick smile before swinging the classroom door open.

"Classroom expectations-" the teacher stopped speaking when she saw me. I was breathing kind of heavily as I fixed the collar on my blue polo. She crossed her arms over her chest. "One of those expectations is not to be late to class." She said pointing to the class and then at me. I opened my mouth to apologize.

"You must be Charlotte. Welcome to TJH. My name is Ms.Wright." She gave me a smile. "You can join an empty table. I'm just giving out rules and expectations."

As she spoke again my eyes wondered onto the tables, most were filled. As I expected all eyes were watching me. There was only one open seat in the back of the room. Her head was down with a hood up, I could see curls falling out of it, though.

Swiftly, I carried myself to the back of the room and ignoring all of the stares. I thought maybe when I got up there she would poke her head up to see what I wanted but of course that's not what happened. I poked her shoulder, "Ms, is this seat taken?"

Her head popped up but it wasn't a her it was a he and I felt terrible for calling him a her. "Hm?" He hummed raspily, wiping the drool from the side of his mouth. He cracked a smile. "Did you just call me Ms?" I guess he wasn't as asleep as I thought. My mouth twitched. "It was just the long hair, and I couldn't see your face, but I know now you are most definetly not a girl." I stammered. He pushed the hood off of his head. "You can sit." He quietly said. I sat at the seat across from him.

"I need to get a haircut soon, anyways." He leaned in and whispered with his elbows resting on the table. He had long sleeves on but I could see tattoos up and down them as the sleeves slipped a little.

"You wear long sleeves in ninety degree weather?" I questioned as I pulled out my pencil pouch and notebook. He raised his eyebrows and looked at my attire. He peeped under the table to look at the rest. He shook his head and laughed. "And you wear tacky polo shirts and khaki knee length skirts to school?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "what's so wrong with that?" It was a legitament question. I didn't know what public school kids wore and I hadn't been there long enough to pay attention to look at everyone else's.

"What's so wrong with long sleeves in the summer?" He said quickly. "Well, it's burning hot, and for one the shirt is black-"

"Yeah? Well this isn't church." He cut me off, tilting his head up an down referring to my outfit. "It looks like you were dressed by a blind Sunday school teacher." By this point I was actually really offended. "Oh yeah well what would be wrong with that?" My voice rising a little. "Wrong with what?" He crossed his arms. "Sunday school teachers?!" I gripped my hand at the edge of the table. "Who the hell wants one to pick there own outfits out?! It was just a metaphor. Why are you so offended? What Sunday school teacher you know actually picks your clothes out?! You might just have awful taste." He bluntly spoke. My mouth formed a small circle.

"As a matter of fact I do!"

"Who?!"

"My mother!!"

He chuckled, "and where is she?! Buying more fabric for your tacky skirts?! Let me guess you have plaid ones too?"

"Dead."  I said hardly, swooping my stuff up from the table. The smile on his face dropped. "What?"

"My mother died, but thanks for  the awesome tips on my choice in apparel. I'll be sure to tell her all about it." I rolled my eyes at him and walked to the front of the class at another empty table. "Charlotte, please don't move seats." The teacher instructed. "In terribly sorry." I looked back at him. "I just had to get away from curly back there."
-
A/N: I never said the guy's name in this chapter, but it's obviously Harry. I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment!

Social medias:

Instagram: makennaleo_

snapchat: makennaleonard

twitter: kennaeleo