Chapter nine

The car ride home was silent. I was waiting for the screaming but it never came, not yet at least.

I reached my hand over to turn the radio on but father slapped it away. It was the hand I had punched into the locker Friday and hurt even more when he pushed me. "Ow." I whispered, rubbing my hand. "Who was that?" He asked, gripping the wheel with two hands. "Who was who?" I played dumb.

"The boy that was next to you, don't play dumb, I know you mess around with him!" He said harshly. I pursed my lips and furrowed my eyebrows, "He's my friend first of all, and whatever 'fooling around' means we do no such thing. And second, I thought our church was open to all who wanted to learn the glory of God?!" I said sarcastically, throwing my heads in the air. "He looks like a thug, Charlotte, and I wont have my daughter associated with a thug!" He boomed. "You don't know anything about him! He's so nice and really the only thing I'm sure of right now. He's my friend, and it's going to stay that way." I told him without an ounce of hesitation. His hands gripped the Steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white.

He sharply turned onto a dirty road, the turn so sharp he almost flipped the car. "What are you doing?!" I asked, holding onto dear life. "Giving your smart ass a taste of something I should have done weeks ago." I swallowed. I looked behind me out of the back window to see how far off the road we were, and that's when my eyes caught something: about seven empty pure vodka bottles stuffed under the back seat.

The car came to a complete holt, dad got out of the car and came to the other side. I tried locking it but it was too late, he aggressively swung the door open "You're a drunk." I said harshly. He gripped me by my dress and pulled me out of the car onto a patch of dirt. His foot came flying into the side of my ribcage so hard, my breakfast came up with the blow. I got slowly to my knees, hunched over the puddle of puke. Only seconds before his foot kicked the back of my butt and my face went straight into the pile of throw up. Tears fell from my face. "I hate you." I said without a stutter. He picked me up and turned me around, he starred at me in my eyes for a few long moments "If you're gonna blacken my eye, just do it already." And with that a clean hit to my face was all he needed to shut me up. I laid on the ground, blood dripping off of my lip.

"Don't ever disrespect me again." He picked me up and threw me in the car. That was it, I was done trying to be the good little girl he wanted me to be. I was starting my journey to a different lifestyle, one where I didn't give a fuck about anything or anybody. My life
was just beginning, not in the way I pictured but it was happening.

A/n: mostly a filler chapter because I wanted you all to see where Charlotte finally has enough, and also I wanted to update again for you all xoxoxox. BY THE WAY, ZAYNS ALBUM IS SO FIRE HOLY SHIT. What's your fav song? Mine is blue, I think I might start a story based off the song and the main character be zayn. Y'ALL THE FUTURE HOLDS SO MANY GOOD BOOKS LOL. Please vote and comment! Thank so!

Instagram: makennaleo_

snapchat: makennaleonard

twitter: kennaeleo