Chapter 16 - "We're not friends, we're just working together."

Începe de la început

------------

Zayn's pov

"Dude chill out, at this rate you'll bite your god damn hand off."

I quickly pulled my hand away from my mouth at Niall's comment. I was convulsing from fear of what was going to happen next; having no idea what to expect. We didn't know what condition Annie was in, whether she was okay or not, and my sister that I hadn't seen for years might be there as well.

I waited too long and now Annie was gone. If I told her everything from the beginning I would have kept her safe with me. I wouldn't let her leave my sight, and she wouldn't have shoved me out of her life. And I know she only did it to protect me when it was me who should have been protecting her. I knew this was coming and it was why I forced myself into Annie's life. I only wanted to help her because I knew what she was going through, but along the way I fell in love with her.

I fell so hard for her and now I lost her, just like I lost everyone else. Both my mother and father died, my sister was the only one I had and she was gone too. The letter my sister left before she disappeared hadn't left me with much of anything. Until yesterday, where I found this note tucked in her favourite book while I was looking through her room.

xxx
Zayn, I know you're upset with me for what I've done. Leaving to find dad without telling you about anything, but I had to. It's the only thing we can do to find him and I can't let this opportunity go. Just know that if I don't come back, don't come to find me. These people are very dangerous and I know that they would do something to you if you did. I'm not trying to be some saint or some shit--just please. Please don't look for me. I left you the other note in a place where I knew you would see it and read it. Although...if you find this one, I'm leaving the address of where I am. If you find this letter, it was destiny that made it so that you come for me. I know you won't find it because you never even stepped into my room, which was the one thing I loved about you. I don't want you to get hurt, but if you find this...I'm desperate. Please come get me Zayn, I love you big bro.

---Sam
xxx

I sniffled and shoved the crumpled letter back into my pocket. I was so upset at myself for taking this long to find the one god dammed thing that could have saved my sister. She would have been with me, safe, all this time. I swear to god if she was--dead--no. I planted my forehead into the palm of my hand.

But I wasn't wasting time now, the same thing was going to happen to Annie and I would never let someone hurt her. I loved her more than anyone in this world, and if she didn't appear the same way she used to, I was going to kill them. I swear to god I would kill them.

"Can you drive this god damn truck any faster you twat!?" Fuck I had no reason to be taking my anger out on Harry, but it felt nice when I did. He fought back with me instead of consoling me over things that no one knew could be fixed.

"Calm the hell down I'm going as fast as I can. I can't fly it now can I?"

I groaned loudly and rested my head against the window. I was just praying that both my sister and Annie were alive. I was going to kill those bastards.

--------

Annie's POV

"You're lucky I haven't placed my hands anywhere else on your beautiful body sweetheart, I've just been so busy. I promise, the second I get some free time on my hands, I won't forget to come to you first." A disgusting smirk appeared on his face and he removed his hand from my throat, throwing me to the floor. I stayed still laying on the ground, whimpering and feeling my aching throat. I heard the cell door shut and I slowly looked up at Sam.