Chapter 2

Your alarm sounded, waking you up with a start.

You looked at your clock; it was 7am.
'Too early!' You thought. Slowly, you got up out of your bed, walking to your light switch. Flicking the switch, the light didn't turn on.

You flicked it again, and again. Still, it didn't work.

It was around Winter time so it was still quite dark.

Sighing, you stomped down the stairs and looked for a flashlight.

Luckily, you found one in the first cupboard you looked in.

'How do I check the electric and stuff?' You asked yourself. You'd never had to do anything like this before.

You turned the flashlight on, which seemed to make everything else around you darker. Grabbing the keys to your front door, you dropped the light.

'I hope Dad didn't hear that...I don't want to wake him up.'

Picking them back up, you unlocked the door.

You stepped outside, greeted by a harsh wind blowing in your face. A shiver crept down your spine as you stepped barefoot on to your stone path way.

On the front of your house was a panel, covered by a white wooden door. You opened it up, your fingers numb.

In front of you was a load of switches and wires, all too complicated for you.

"Surely it's the green button? That's means 'on' usually, right?" You thought out loud "Ah, what the heck." You pressed it anyway.

You ran back up to your room to check if the lights were working again. To your amazement, they were.

-

The time was now 8am and you were on your way to school, the one thing you dreaded. At least it was a Friday.

You stood at the crossing, waiting for the cars to stop. As you were waiting, you noticed that the lights on the side of the crossing weren't on.

'That's strange...' You thought.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when a car horn sounded. They were waiting for you to cross. Signaling a 'thank you' with your hand, you crossed the road.

Unfortunately, your bullies were waiting for you there.

"Well if it isn't Princess Peach? How's the games going, Nerd?" One of them, Luke, said.

Today, you were feeling strong, confident. Today, you stood up for yourself.

"Y'know, just because I like video games, doesn't make me a nerd." They all just laughed at your response.

"What? None of you ever played a video game? Catch up, dude! It's 2016! We have consoles now." Luke just looked embarrassed, taken aback, whilst the others just stared at you. One boy, you'd never seen before, found that funny.

"That was actually quite funny." He said. You couldn't help but smile a bit, at least he was laughing with you and not at you.

"Dude, you don't joke with the nerd. We have a lot to teach you, Ben. Come on, let's get outta here."

---
Hope you enjoyed!

-Kate :3