Day 4: Death is Peaceful

"Wake up! Bailey wake up!" I heard a distance voice say. The voice became clearer as My eyelids flipped open. Once I awoke I felt such terrible pain shooting in my arm. I tried to move my arm I couldn't. I screamed once I moved it a bit. "Bailey are you alright?" I looked up to  see the one and only Ace. "Ace...I..uh." I screamed once again from the pain. "Shhh, Your going to be all right. You got shot by an arrow." Ace said looking at the dry blood on the sand. "I'm so hungry. Its been 3 days without food Ace. I'm so thirsty." I said and let out a cough. "Don't worry. Dove and Boston went out to get food and water. They took your and Ruth's flask to get water." Ace said and sat down next to me. "We took out the arrow while you slept. Glad you did not wake up or the arrow. I think once we took the arrow out you passed out for a few seconds. Anyways we cut off some of my shirt off and used it to wrap around your arm." Ace said.

A tear escaped my eye as it ran down and hit the sand. I was so hot. The head just kept coming in waves. I turned my head and saw Ruth drawing in the sand. "R-Ruth. What are you doing?" I questioned threw pain. I feel like there is a hole threw my arm. Well I guess there is. "I'm figuring out a plan." Ruth answered. "Anyways Dove told be about the map of the arena and I think our best bet is to head to the ocean" Ruth said while drawing a root in the sand. I nodded and bit my bottem lip. The land was so flat with a few bumps. It just contuied and contuied with that pattern as far out I can see.

Azure was still asleep. I could see her toss and turn in her sleep. It looked like she was having a nightmare. I frowned seeing her like that. "Who wants some Deer?!" I heard a yell. Next thing I knew it Dove and Boston were dragging big deer. Azure awoke to their calling.

We set up a small campfire. I could do barely anything to help so I just got some dead leaves from my bag that fell into my bag while we were sleeping in the trees. Next thing I knew it their was a spark. 

Few minutes later..

The fire has started. It was so bright that it burned my eyes just looking at it. "Where did you go to get the deer?" I said as I  munched on the deer meat. "We went back into the rainforest. We oddly did not encounter any tributes." Dove said and took another big bite on the deer meat. I nodded. "Also I got a Sponsor gift. Lucky me I got Salt." Dove also said taking out the salt from her pocket. "Since we won't be able to finish this today we could preserve the deer for on the go. And if we are lucky enough we might find a camel or something to eat on while we were in the deseart." Boston said. "I suggest we go the ocean. We could eat like fish or sharks if we make it there." Ace commented. 

"I think we are already headed to the ocean anyways. I mean it's the closest to cornercopia." Ruth said. "Well then it's settled we are going to the ocean." Azures small voice said. To be honest it was quite cute. Right then we heard a cannon to go off. I sighed. Another poor soul being taking away from the hovercraft. All I could hear Dove snickering. "How come do you think this is funny?" Azure asked. "Well you see each time the cannon goes off that means one less tribute to worry about." Dove smiled.  Then another Cannon went off. "Final 15." Bostan mumbled. I just stared at the ground. 

"Hey let's get moving and hopefully we can find a oasis or something." Ace said. I nodded. Maybe that's a good thing. Before we left Dove and Ace salted the deer meat and stuck it in mine and Ruth's bag. It smelled gross but It's the best we could do.

After 4 hours of non-stop walking...

"Guys is it what I think it is?" I heard Azure yell. I looked over the hill we were standing on to see an oasis. Big  tress with crystal water. We started to use the last of our energy to run their. Once we made it we set up camp and grabbed as much water as we could. 

At night...

It was night and I was sleeping with Azure. "Bailey?" I heard a small voice say. "Yeah?" I turned my head to her. "Bailey I've been having nightmares and I know.. that.." Azure started to choke on words. "Kill me.." I heard Azure say quietly. "I know the others won't do it so.. Can you? Then when I die drift me into the water." Azure mumbled. I nodded. I will have to do this. I got out my knife as I slowly raised it up. Azure eyes were teary and then her mouth shaped a smile. "Just do it. For me." Azure smiled. I blinked back the tears and nodded. I stuck the knife down in her chest. All she could do was smile. Not making a sound. I holded her in my arms and brought her down by the water. Then she finally stopped.. Breathing and blinking. Only  a tear left her eyes. A tear went down my cheek as I brought my hands down to her eyes and brushed her eyelids to close them. 

I set her on the water and she sunk deep into the water. No one could see her as a Cannon went off. 

Kaya Jerfferson from District 3

Beulah Haney from District 11

Azure Pittman from District 12

Guys don't cry... I want to say Azure's death was peaceful and she knew that she was with good people when she died. She did not need to suffer anymore in the hunger games. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO WRITE HER DEATH :~: Okay let me get my Icecream and Tissues... bye :~;