Day 1: It's Just the Start

"WAIT! What about Ace?" I said running into the rain forest with the small bag on my shoulder and throwing knives in the other hand. "We can't go back now." Dove said jumping over a log. I ran up to catch up with her as I stumbled and fell on the log. All I heard was Dove groaning. I quickly got up like nothing happened. "Lets go." Dove said and started to run again. As we were running someone jumped out of the bushes and pulled me onto the ground. He punched my face before I got to say anything. I got a good taste of blood in my mouth. "Bailey?" I heard a voice say. My eyes were closed shut as I flipped him over so I am on top of him. "Boston?" I asked in surprised with my hand up ready to to punch him. I quickly slapped him in payback for punching my face and I got off of him. Then the Cannons went off. 

1

2

3

4

5

I counted in my head. Man that's a low number. 

He slowly got up. "What the hell were you thinking man?" Dove yelled slapping him across the face. "Ow!" He yelped. "Answer my question!" Dove yelled even more louder. "Quiet! They will hear us!" Boston hissed in his raspy voice. I was just standing their looking everywhere to see if anyone is coming to kill us. Dove shut her mouth and waited for a answer. "I thought she was someone else? OK? You can come out now." Boston said looking at the bushes to see Ruth, our other ally. "Wheres Johan?" I ask. "I don't know." Ruth answered. "And wheres Spark?" Dove asked.  "She um, Died in the bloodbath. Knife. She was running and pushing a person on the ground until someone sliced her throat," Boston said looking onto the ground. "And Dove, The Careers thinks your dead."  Dove smirked. "Idiots." She said trying not to laugh. 

"Oh, and Bailey, Boston They took your partners" Ruth said looking deep into my eye then switched over Boston. "So they kidnapped them?" Dove asked walking towards Boston. "Yeah, I saw it all," Ruth said. " I saw them heading to the ruins with them knocked out." Ruth said. "Well its going to be a few hours walk just to get there." Dove said with her arms crossed. "It's a risk were going to have to take." I said. I looked at Boston to see he was looking down at the ground mumbling. "Boston?" I asked trying to see his face. " Don't talk to me!" He yelled and started to walk farther into the Rain forest. "Boston!?" I yelled trying to figure out whats wrong with him. After I said that he started to run. "Guys come on!" I yelled trying to catch up with Boston. Dove has been in training for the Careers against her will so she was a fast runner. Dove dropped her spear and she ran in front of me and tackling Boston onto the the ground. "Where are you going bitch?" She whisper into his ear. "I need to save Azure! She's only a kid!" Boston whimpered trying to kick off Dove. 

Dove grabbed his hands and put them together so he wont run off. "We are all fucking kids " She said with her hair dangling on his face.  He tried to push her off but she would not run. "Don't try to run Bitch. " Dove said as I Ran up to her with Ruth.  "Boston, I promise we will do everything to get them out. I'm sure she's fine." I said to Boston. "Shes not..." Boston said.  He stayed on the ground putting his head back. Soon Dove got off of Boston still eyeing him. "We can't stay here forever. " Dove said picking up her spear in her left arm. "If we started heading out to the ruins we should be able to get there by sunset tomorrow without sleeping." Dove suggested. "So you're saying we should not sleep?" Ruth asked putting her hand on her hip. "Its probably will be the best chance to get to Ace and Azure."Dove said. I took a moment  to think about. Ace, Azure could be dead or alive. But maybe they could kill them tomorrow. "Wait. Guys, I think they are using them to get... Me and Boston." I said. Everyone just started at me. "And how do you know that?" Boston asked crossing his arms. "I'm not stupid, I have been watching the hunger games for my whole life and the careers have done this before. I will not be surprised if they do this again." I told them.