Remus Lupin x Ex!Reader

Start from the beginning

"What would you suggest then, (Y/l/n).. I mean Black?" asked Moody. "We shouldn't interfere and we should let innocent people die?"

"No, Alastor, of course not!" you exclaimed. "However, I think we'd be much more effective if we didn't patrol alone or in twos."

"It's worked so far, hasn't it?" asked Sirius.

"Has it? Hannah Morey was ambushed and killed not two weeks ago on a patrol," you said.

"Hannah knew the risks she was taking," spoke up Remus suddenly.

"Do you want to see more of us die because of this stupid mistake, Lupin? We all know the risks, but it doesn't mean we should throw our lives away just like that," you snapped. "This patrolling system is not working. I suggest we change some things about it so Hannah's death wasn't in vain."

"She convinced me," said Sirius and he leaned back in his chair.

"Me too," chimed in Kingsley.

Most of the Order agreed with you and Alastor promised you he'd look into the issue. After the meeting ended, you stood up and got yourself a glass of ale.

"(Y/n), when you spoke up today... Well, I have to admit that was rather sexy," teased your husband and pulled you close to him. You put an arm around Sirius' waist and leaned into his touch. He raised his glass. "This is to my wonderful wife."

"Cheers," you said and smiled. After clinking your glasses, you both took a sip. Molly had already had a dinner going and you set your glass down. "I still have some letters to go through. I'll be down by dinner, love."

You pecked Sirius and headed upstairs to his room. Plopping down on the double bed, you lay the letters in front of you, but you only stared at them. You couldn't think of anything but Remus and it was killing you. You wanted to move on, and you had in some aspects. You loved Sirius as much as you could, and it seemed to be enough. However you couldn't love him with all your heart because of Remus. You still missed him every night - the way he'd read to you, how he'd kiss your neck gently, the way he looked into your eyes as if you were the most amazing thing on the surface of the Earth.

You cried a little and reminded yourself that he didn't care anymore about you. Not one bit.

Sirius yelled your name and you wiped away your tears hastily and went downstairs.

...

I loved Sirius. Honestly, he was still my best friend after all those years. But I just wanted to strangle him whenever I saw (Y/n) in his arms. She was supposed to mine. She was supposed to in my arms.

I watched them quietly from the corner as they clinked their glasses and drank. As Sirius hugged her and smiled at her. As she kissed him before heading upstairs. It was killing me. But I had to remind myself that this was what I had wanted. For her to have a save and normal life. Yet the ugly feeling of hurting and jealousy didn't go away and I had to accept the fact that I still loved her. I wasn't surprised by this discovery. I had always known that she was my better self, the love of my life, my soulmate.

Here we go again, I thought to myself as Nymphadora Tonks started making her way towards me. She was a nice girl - honest, amusing, a bit clumsy but very talented. However, in my eyes she was nothing compared to (Y/n). No woman could be enough good compared to her in my eyes. I sighed and faced her.

"Hey Remus," she chirped and sent me a flirty smile. "I just wanted to let you know that I agree with you about Hannah."

I had to tear my eyes away from the door where she had disappeared moments ago and forced myself to look at Tonks again. "Sorry?"

"Hannah Morey, you know. It's a terrible tragedy, but - like you've said - she knew the risks," she said.

"Yeah, she did," I added and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I see you're not in a chatty mood tonight," she said and grinned. "I'll leave you to your thoughts then."

I was thankful for her to leave me alone and I excused myself from the room. I walked without thinking and I found myself walking up stairs. That was when I heard Sirius yell her name and I watched her as she ran straight into me. She stumbled back a little, but I grabbed her arm and held her until she steadied yourself.

"Ugh, sorry. And thanks," she said and avoided my eyes.

"You've been crying," I stated simply.

Her head snapped up and for the first time tonight, she looked into my eyes. "What does it matter to you?"

"I'm worried," I said and felt that ever so familiar urge to comfort her again.

"You needn't worry. But then again I don't have to tell you that, do I? You've managed to live the past couple of years without any worries for me, I think you can handle today as well," she said. Not angrily, but sadly. "Remus." And with a nod in my direction she was a gone.

I watched her walk down the stairs where Sirius had already been waiting for her. I watched Sirius pick (Y/n) up and twirl her in the air. And then I thought to myself, Sirius Black, I hope you know you're the luckiest man to ever walk this Earth. And I wiped away a stray tear.

(A/n: THEM FEELS.
Vote and comment if you liked this part.

REQUESTS ARE OPEN GUYS! ❤

Have a nice day!)