"Hey Matt?"

He cleared his throat and grumbled a "yeah."

"Why are you doing this?" I poured the maple syrup all over the delicious cakes made on a pan, cut it, and plopped a piece in my mouth.

Mmmmm delicious

I could hear him fidget, then shrug. "Eh, cause I felt like it."

I grin and happiness fills my heart and soul.

He's so precious

"Matt?" I ask once more.

"Yes." He replied, a bit annoyed.

"Thanks." Looking up from my pan made cakes I saw Matt glance at me. A soft smile grazed his lips and I swear if I were to die it would be by his smile IT'S SO SWEET.

Finishing my meal, I place the dish in the sink, and check the time.

"Oh no I'M GOING TO BE LATE!" I said hysterically. I heard a tired grumble and saw Allen entering the kitchen.
Rushing, I went to the chef first, placing a sweet kiss on his cheek, earning a dark blush from him. Giggling I pounced on Allen, him almost losing balance. Saying "Good morning" quickly I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as well. I ran to the door and grabbed my purse, but then I thought of something.

"Wait!" I stopped in my tracks. Going back to the kitchen and standing in front of the fridge, I began scribbling an address and phone numbers on the small notebook that was attached to it. "Here is the place I work at, and here is my number if you need to call me okay?" They both nodded and I grinned again. Looking at the time I began sprinting out the door. "Love you, Bye!" I say while opening and closing the door. I couldn't recall the last time I had ever done that, and knowing that filled me with joy.

~~~At Work, it is currently 11:00~~~

One more hour

I thought while pouring more coffee for a customer.

"Hey (Name)?" Called my boss from behind the counter, he was a nice old man.

"Yeah boss?" I replied politely. "Can you take the full shift today? Chloe just canceled."

I grumbled under my breath something like "of course she did.", but returned to my happy normal state. "Yeah sure!"

I walked back to the counter and sat down behind it, scribbling down some numbers for a receipt. Hearing the ring of a bell I look up from my paper to greet the person, only to see a grotesque image.

Chloe had the audacity to cancel work and still show up at the diner.