Chapter 1: Platform 9 3/4

**SPOILER WARNING!: This story contains spoilers from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child**

Hey guys. So here it is, my first FanFic, it's based around the relationship between Albus Severus and Scorpius, and it continues on from where the Cursed Child left off. I haven't made much of a plan for this fic, all I know is that it's going to explore the developing relationship between these two cute-as-a-button friends. I'm really excited to see where the story takes me, and I hope you enjoy it too!

Ira, <3

1 September, 2021

Smoke was billowing out from under the Hogwart's Express as hundreds of students and parents gathered along the platform to wish each other farewell. Hugs were shared and promises to send frequent owls were made. Younger brothers and sisters stared in awe as their older siblings boarded the scarlet train, knowing that one day they, too, would get the chance to go to the magical school they had heard so much about.

At the far end of the platform the Potters and Granger-Weasleys were gathered, surrounded as always by a gang of enthusiastic onlookers.

"Now you know that your fifth year is very important," Hermione was telling her daughter Rose, "your OWLs are going to be much more difficult than your end of year exams were and you will need to organise your time if you want to get the best grades."

"Yes, mom, I know," Rose replied, rolling her eyes slightly, "I got all Outstanding grades in my OWL mocks, in case you'd forgotten-"

"And she captained the Gryffindor quidditch team," her dad Ron added proudly, "a real Granger-Weasley is our daughter."

"Yes, I am aware of that," Hermione smiled at her husband, "I just want her to be the best person she can be."

"I will mom, stop worrying!" Rose gave her mother a reassuring hug, which Ron soon joined in with.

Next to them Albus stifled a yawn. He'd already heard his own mother have the exact same conversation with James and Lily, and he knew it would be his turn next. He'd never really been one for tender family moments. His relationship with his father had been much better since the incident with the time turners, but even now he had little interest in hanging around on the platform doling out hugs and promising to be the best student he could possibly be.

Actually, there was only one place he wanted to be, and that was aboard the train, in the same compartment as the last five years, with the only person in the world who really understood him. With the only person in the world with whom he felt truly at ease.

"Ok, Al." Harry said, interrupting his thoughts, "now I know that last year was a little wild, and I know we've spoken about this already but-"

"Yeah dad, Ok," Albus interrupted,"you don't need to give me the lecture again. I won't jump off the roof of the train and I won't try and go back in time or save anybody, and all that - I get it."

"I wasn't going to say that," Harry observed his son fondly for a moment, he no longer needed to look down to make eye contact with him, they were already the same height. "I just wanted to remind you that your mother and I, well, we love you very much, and if you find yourself in the same dark place as you did last year then I want you to know that you can talk to us."

Albus cringed. Jesus. Why did his dad have to do this? Why did he need to be so cheesy in front of everyone?

"OK... thanks," he mumbled, hoping James and Rose hadn't heard his dad's little speech, "so, I'll be going now then..." He shuffled awkwardly on the spot.

"Ok, have a good time at Hogwarts, and we'll see you at Christmas," Harry embraced his son, "don't forget to say goodbye to your mum," he added.