Chapter Two

Am I Dead? Abby thought to herself.

Abby's senses were slowly coming back to her, but the first alarming one she had was the feeling of an hand grasping ahold of her wrist and pulling. Then she felt another hand on her wrist and pulling. Then she felt two other hands grasping ahold of each of her arms under her elbows.

One two three... Four hands. Four hands were pulling her. Abby felt scared, yet she couldn't react. Her body was trying to recover, leaving her terrified of everything while she could barely open her eyes. She felt numb and limp as she stared up up at the branches of trees and the inky night sky. She couldn't do anything but let herself be vulnerable to these people dragging her. She could feel rocks jab into her back each time Abby was dragged forward, and it sent a small jolt of pain through her body, and everytime that happened she shut her eyes tightly and waited for another wave of pain.

Abby could hear multiple people talking, clear as the light of day, but yet her brain wouldn't let her process what they were saying. She let out a groan, and then the voiced quickly grew silent, the hands grasping ahold of her let go of her and she was leaned back against something. She couldn't tell what it was, but it was cold and uncomfortable to lean against. Abby started to fall unconscious, then the faint sound of footsteps could be heard going farther and farther away from her. Abby's eyelids could barely stay open, but once they closed, Abby was out cold.