Chapter One

Abby's steely grey eyes were focused on the small spider, crawling its way across the cold metal desk. Her gaze was fixated on it, but the only reason it was besides the fact it was the only interesting thing in the room was because she wanted to drown out life itself. She hated the concept of living, and thought it was just a beautiful lie while death was the ugly truth. I mean, no one ever cared for her, so why live anyway? Now it was worse than she could imagine being in the situation she was in now. How the hell did I end up in a police interrogation room? Abby thought to herself. I did nothing wrong. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Abby watched was the small house spider slowly started to crawl off the side of the desk and disappear into the shadows. Abby tilted her head slightly, and a soft smile appeared across her face. "Bye bye," Abby muttered under her breath. Then her focus changed to her surroundings.

Abby was in small room that gave off an unsettling vibe. Though there was a bright light in the corner of the room, it still gave off odd shadows that made the room feel, well, just off. There was a black tinted window across from Abby, a one way window where someone could see in, but no one could see out, and along with that was another window next to Abby. It was fairly small, but gave Abby a bit of relief to see a large, vast forest; Abby just loved the outdoors. The only other things in the room was a large metal door, the chair Abby was sitting in, and the one across from the metal desk.

Abby crossed her arms across her chest, and tapped her foot against the ground anxiously. Now that Abby was back into reality, she just wanted out of this building. She would call it a police station, but she knew that police stations shouldn't be out in the middle of a forest. Everything was just off. Her mind then started to drift off to how she got here.

Abby was waiting in the back of a squad car, staring at the back of the driver's seat as the small specks of blood started to stain her cheeks. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw two black cars with tinted windows pull in front of her house. Ever through the flashing blue and red lights, they stood out. The people who stepped out were screaming for attention through the crowd of curious citizens and uniformed cops though, more than their cars. Before the detectives and lieutenants showed up, these two men were the only ones wearing suits with matching red ties. One man had a buzz cut hair style, while the other had slick black hair lathered in hair gel. He kinda over did it with the gel, but didn't seem to mind. They ducted under the yellow police tape, talked to a few cops, and entered Abby's house.

Abby watched the house for a few more minutes, and then her gaze focused on the crowd of neighbors, recognizing their faces and remembering the rumors they shared about her. She jumped in her seat when the suit-wearing man with the buzz cut hairstyle knocked against the car window. He opened the door, and stared down at Abby.

"Hello Abby. I'm FBI agent Robert Heartwell-" Robert gestured to the other man behind him- "and this is my partner James Allen." Robert smiled in a comforting way which would make anyone feel relaxed in any situation. This only made Abby more tense though; she never did well in conversations, and the fact two FBI agents were here was just odd. This was such a small town with barely any drama, now it was like the center of the world.

James took a step forward and towards the car, staring at Abby seriously. "I know that this might be hard, but we need to know what happened here."

Abby nodded slowly, and she rubbed the back of her neck nervously. She told everything that happened to the agents, even if she didn't want to. Abby herself wanted to know what happened though.

It was all a blur of panic, but Abby could remember certain parts that happened, and some very vividly. Abby could remember shaking, her breathing being heavy and her heart racing against her chest. She could barely keep still as she stared at the horror in front of her. Her father was sprawled out on the floor, his empty cup of whiskey on the ground, a small stain around it. His face was relevantly calm fro the situation, but for the fact a large blood splatter was on the wall and the bloody hole through his head that was dripping blood down his cheek. She couldn't tell to cry or be happy that her horrible father was dead. Abby could remember the small, barely audible voice being heard through her phone.