Chapter 11

Since Shawn was so close to having his book completely edited, I started to get to work on moving forward. I had to contact a publicist to go ahead and start promotions for him, and I needed to talk to him about the design of the book. I already had a list of great publicists in mind that I know will do his book justice. I was in the process of phoning a few people we need to start moving forward when my sister came in. She waited until I was finished on the phone before she started speaking.
"What's up?"
"Where's your boo thang?" She asked with a smirk.
I rolled my eyes. "I don't keep him in my pocket. He has a life."
"Could have fooled me," she laughed. "Y'all are always attached at the hip, it's like he's your long lost twin or something."
"Mmh, you're so funny. He's at work."
"Oh right, he works at that library. How's his book coming along."
"Great," I smiled. "We'll probably have it published by July. Maybe even June if we're lucky."

"Great, then you guys can have sex without worrying about your jobs."
"Shut up."
"You're only mad because you know it's true."
While she was in the room, I felt the need to bring up me seeing Terrance out. The topic has been eating me up inside for days, and I've been battling with myself on whether or not I should tell Larren.
"Solange, let me ask you something."
"Does it have to do with Shawn? Because you know I completely support you-"
"It's not him."
"Okay," she sat down in the chair across from my desk. "What's up?"
I sighed. "After brunch on Saturday, I went out shopping and...I saw Terrance. He was with another woman."
She was silent for a while, but she didn't seem too surprised. "Are you sure they weren't just friends or coworkers?"
I shook my head. "He kissed her."
"Did he see you?"
I nodded, then scoffed. "He asked me if I would tell her."
"And you haven't."
"Do you really think she'll believe me?"
She shook her head. "But, someone has to. I mean, as long as he can get away with it, he's not gonna say anything."
"Trust me, no one knows that better than me."

"So, are you gonna tell her?"
I let out a long sigh. "Would you have told me if you knew?"
"Hell yeah."
I nodded. I knew what her answer would be, but the situation is different between the two of us. Larren will think I am just jealous and trying to spite her. If it was me in this situation, I would believe Solange. "I'd like for him to tell her, so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesn't tell her by Sunday dinner," I shrugged. "Then I guess I will."
"You want my opinion?" She asked after some time of silence.
I nodded. "Sure."
"I know you're a good person, and you'd want someone to tell you. But, you don't owe her that. You do have the right not to tell her at all."
Not making sure that Larren was at least aware of the situation hadn't even crossed my mind, and I understood Solange's point, but I don't know if I agreed with it.

~*~*~*~*~*~

All this week, I have been making corrections to my book. I'm really trying to get it finished as soon as possible so it can get published. I haven't been able to go into Beyoncé's office that often though, because I've had to come into work. I work as the manager of a library/book store combo, which means I have a lot of free time on my hands to work on my book, but it also means that someone has to come in and make sure that the other employees are still doing their jobs. I was sitting at an information desk while working on a book, when I heard a soft and familiar voice in front of me.
"Excuse me sir, could you help me find something?" I looked up, and of course it was her. She smiled that beautiful, glowing smile of hers, and her eyes were full of light. "Surprise!" She smiled even brighter.
I didn't want to come off as too excited to see her, so I jokingly played her off. "You stalking me?"
She rolled her eyes. "No, actually, if you don't recall, you did invite me to stop by."
I frowned and pretended to be confused. "I said that?"
She laughed and brushed her hair back. "Yes, you did."
"In that case," I smiled. "What can I help you with?"
"What do you recommend?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.
I enjoyed the challenge. "Let me show you."