fourteen|| "ah shut up"

hart;maya

"charlie gardner, what an unpleasant surprise."

"wow maya, looks like nothing has changed."

"ah shut up."

maya picked up her things and began walking away before a hand grabbed her arm.

"wait maya, how is riley?"

"glad you're out of her life and happily dating huckleberry."

"i knew she would end up with lucas, well could you tell her i said hi."

"sure, once the restraining order is broken." maya said with a toothy grin.

-

maya buzzed the matthews, while struggling to carry the presents.

"who is it?" riley's cheerful voice rang through the box.

"merry christmas loser."

"peaches!"

the door opened for maya as she walked to the matthews apartment.

as soon as she got in she was greeted by two lanky arms that belonged to no other than riley.

"merry christmas maya!"

"merry christmas riles."

maya smiled as riley let go, she set all the presents next to the tree before going to the washroom to freshen up.
---
matthews;joshua

the girl he saw was beautiful. long blonde hair. pretty blue eyes. beautiful build. short enough for josh.

but she was fake, just a figment of josh's imagination. the thought of maya lingers around josh's mind a lot.

he was still heartbroken from all those years ago.

josh even he dated a girl named sydney. she was just like maya. maybe that's way it didn't work out, she reminded him too much of his true love.

sydney knew about maya, actually she knew more about maya than maya knows about herself. when the two were dating josh would never shut up about maya.

sydney was understanding of the situation though, it's hard not being with the one you love, and it's clear that josh loves maya.

what josh still didn't understand was why, why lucas and maya kissed.

after all, josh confessed all his feelings to her and they both promised to play the long game.

only thing josh doesn't know is maya never kissed lucas.

the kiss josh saw didn't involve maya or lucas, the couple he saw kissing were two different people.

two people he didn't know.
-

as josh neared the matthews apartment his hands began to sweat, the thought of seeing maya after two years frightened him.

seeing maya with lucas now would hurt him even more.

josh dismissed the thought from his head and opened the front door.

he didn't see maya or riley anywhere, a sign that they were in rileys room.

everyone else was too engrossed with their own business to notice josh, and it didn't bother him at all.

josh didn't feel like getting bombarded with questions about his whereabouts.

josh hasn't seen any of his family in two years, he has been avoiding everyone.

the only exception were the facetime calls with auggie.

josh quietly made his way to auggies room trying not to draw any attention to himself.

josh sighed as he closed the door and laid down on auggie's bed.

looking up at the blank wall josh was consumed by his thoughts. thoughts of non-other than maya hart herself.
---

heY!! next chapter will be up VERY soon, and reminder that there are only a couple of chapters left ;))))

i love you guys so much, like thanks on 11k+ reads. aLso y'alls comments are hilarious, so comment your thoughts because I'd love to hear them.

-ur fav flop jasmine💕