Chapter 2: Memories don't fade once turned into nightmares

"Mom!"
"Go please go, take your brother..."
"Y/N, go darlin' go!"
"Jason!"

You stood up immediately crying from your dream, you saw the memories that you had when your parents and your two siblings died. You covered your eyes and started crying until Daryl came in and sat next to you. "Bad dream?" He asked putting his hand on your back. "Bad memories that turned into bad dreams." You said looking up at him. He grabbed his other had and wiped the tears off your face. "I was there when they died." You said. "I let someone in our house, someone who was bit. I didn't know what happened or where he came from, but he turned right there and then and-" You paused and started crying again. "Hey, it's ok." Daryl hugged you and you were crying on his shoulder. "I couldn't save my brother, we got separated and the walkers went after him. I don't know what happened." Daryl lifted tour head off his shoulder and wiped your tears again.

"Me and my older brother Merle lived in the mountains of North Georgia in a stereotypical redneck house. We were neglected by our father, an abusive alcoholic and our mother. I had a lonely childhood growing up in a rough neighborhood, often in the company of degenerates. At a young age I was taught about camping by his father, whom I personally viewed as a 'dumb-ass'.

By the time I was old enough to ride a bicycle, me and my brother had lost our mother to a house fire that was caused by a cigarette while she was asleep and possibly drunk. At one point after our mother's death roughly before the age of twelve, I found myself lost in the woods for nine full days during which I was forced to live off wild berries and utilized poison oak as substitute for toilet paper. Eventually I managed to find my way home. My father, however, had not noticed my absence and I simply walked in through the back door and made myself a sandwich.

Growing up, Merle was my only role model, sharing with me his backward views on society. However, Merle was often in juvenile detention and absent from my life. During these periods I had to fend for myself and developed a hard-boiled survivalist mind-set.

Both Me and Merle were mentally and physically abused by our father." Daryl showed you his back and you put your finger on the marks, then he continued. "Our father's abuse caused Merle to abandon the family and join the military, though Merle claimed to have never known of the abuse that I suffered. I did not believe him. Following our father's death, I moved out and reconnected with Merle. In this period, I followed my brother's lead living as a drifter. During this time, I viewed myself as a nobody with no value or purpose in life. Merle, with his military background, trained me to become a proficient hunter.
At one point, I suffered a near death experience when I stayed at Merle's drug supplier's house. The trio watched TV, and by noon, they became intoxicated. After a discussion turned violent, the dealer punched Merle, and I savagely beat the man. The dealer then threatened to shoot me, and a large argument ensued, which ended with the dealer punching me in the gut, causing me to vomit. Merle and the dealer laughed the incident off."

You felt bad for him and didn't know how to say what you felt. "Your the only one who I care about that cares for me." He said and grabbed your hand. You blushed and held his hand tightly. "You had a rough life Daryl and I know how you felt. I had an abusive father who used to beat me every day when my mother wasn't around, until, my little brother came. My brother, Jason would always back me up when my father would hit me. I would always defend him when my father would almost hit him by putting him behind me. I know how you feel." You tried to remember more. " He almost hit my mom with a fricken brick but I punched him in the gut which made him drop it. My father died from cancer.because he smoked to much." Daryl smirked and clenched your hands tightly. "If I were there I would have beat t' son of a bitch. But since he's dead.... I guess I'll do somethin' else." Daryl put his hand on your leg. You smiled and blushed, you really wanted to kiss Daryl. 'Can I? Would I? Ah Shit just do it.' You went closer to Daryl and gently kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks for listening to me." You said looking down. He put his head on yours and smiled. "Look up." He said quietly. You looked up and looked into his light blue eyes. You gently kissed Daryl and surprisingly he kissed you back. He put his arms on your hips and you went on his lap. You guys pulled back and you plopped on your bed. Before you can ask Daryl plopped on the bed next to you. "Memories don't fade once they turned into nightmares, but sometimes they can be made for a purpose." You said and went to sleep on Daryl's chest.