chapter 23 ⚔ Sacrifice

Flashback

The soldiers were still holding Slade, Oliver, Jill and Shado captive in the tent.

Alan was sitting at the table, tracking the plane's movements through radio, looking at Edward. "The plane's holding steady at 33,000 feet. That's the range for missile intercept, sir."

Shado was looking at Yao Fei's dead body, crying in despair.

Edward looked at Alan. "Lock missile one on target."

"Missile one locked on the jet's heat trail," Alan told him. 

"Prepare to launch on my mark," Edward told him. 

"Yes, sir," Alan told him.

Oliver looked at Jill worriedly.

Jill looked behind Oliver to see the knife he was holding.

Oliver pulled free from his cut restraints, running toward Edward and Alan, pushing Edward out of the way, stabbing Alan in the arm, 

Jill stood, turning her back to Oliver. 

Oliver used the knife to cut Jill free.

Jill ran up to Soldier 1, kicking him in the face.

Oliver cut Shado free.

Soldier 2 punched Oliver in the face. 

Edward kicked Slade down. 

Shado flipped Soldier 3 to the ground.

Edward spoke into his radio. "Fire! Fire the missile now!"

Soldier 4 tried to hit Jill with his gun. Jill caught the gun by its side, flipping him to the ground.

Shado broke Alan's neck, killing him. She ran out of the tent after Edward.

Jill, Oliver and Slade ran outside.

The missile was launched into the sky.

Now

Malcolm had managed to take Oliver.

I found Oliver in a warehouse, fighting my way inside. I came up behind Guard 1 outside, kicking him in the back, making him fall into Guard 2, spinning to kick Guard 1, punching Guard 2 in the face, grabbing onto Guard 1's shoulders to kick up both legs onto Guard 2's shoulders, flipping them both to the ground, slamming their heads onto the ground hard enough to make them fall unconscious. I stood, walking into the building, through the hallway, turning a corner. Guard 3 was waiting with a gun, trying to shoot me. I ducked out of the way, punching him in the face. Guard 4 ran toward me from behind. I kicked Guard 3 in the face, making him fall, spinning to slash my sword against the gun in Guard 4's hands, making him drop it. Guard 4 tried to punch me. I backed away enough to make him miss, kicking him in the stomach, slashing him in the arm with the sword, making him fall. Guard 5 ran toward me with a baton, trying to hit me with it. I used the sword to block the move, spinning to backhand punch him in the face. Guard 5 tried to punch me. I ducked, kicking him in the chest. Guard 6 ran up from behind Guard 5. I grabbed onto Guard 5's shoulders to kick Guard 6 in the chest with both feet, making him fall, slamming Guard 5 onto the floor hard enough to make him fall unconscious. Guard 6 stood, trying to punch me. I caught his arm, kicking him in the head, making him fall to the floor. Guards 7 and 8 ran up from either side of me, trying to shoot me. I ducked to the floor, throwing knives into both of their hands to make them drop the guns, standing. Both guards tried to kick me from either side. I ducked, making them kick each other, pushing them both through a door at the side of the hallway, making them both fall to the floor. Guards 9 and 10 ran toward me from either side. I kicked Guard 10 behind me without looking at him, spinning to slash Guard 9 in the cheek with my sword, making him fall. Guard 9 stood, trying to punch me. I ducked, turning to kick the legs out from under Guard 10, making him fall to his knees next to me, hitting him in the head with the hilt of the sword, making him fall unconscious, standing, spinning to kick Guard 9 behind me in the head, making him fall unconscious. Guard 11 ran toward me. I elbowed him in the face. Guard 11 tried to punch me repeatedly. I blocked the moves with my arms and my sword, making him cut himself. Guard 11 tried to punch me. I ducked, turning to stand next to him, wrapping an arm around his neck, spinning to flip him to the floor. I heard Guard 12 coming up from behind me, drawing two knives, spinning to face him, throwing the knives into both of his hands, making them hit the wall and pin him there.