chapter 19 ⚔ Unfinished Business

Verdant the club was raging on pretty much every night above the hideout.

After it was closed, I walked into the main room to talk to Oliver and Tommy. "How we doing?"

"We're in the black, and the green," Tommy answered.

"I like how we've gone from throwing money at clubs to catching it," Oliver told him. 

I saw a tub behind the counter. I looked at Oliver and Tommy, tilting my head. "What kind of business has a lost and found that's just filled with women's underwear?"

Tommy walked closer to look. "The best business ever?" I scoffed softly, shaking my head. "Oh, having this much fun should be against the law."

Lance walked in. "Oh, if wishing made it so. Sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

"Is Laurel okay?" Tommy asked.

"She's fine," Lance answered. "This visit is about something else. A girl just got mowed down a couple blocks from here on Starling bridge." He took out his phone to show us the picture of the girl. "Ring any bells with you three?"

"No," Tommy answered.

"Should she?" Oliver asked.

"She was here tonight, asked for drinks," I told them. They looked at me. "She wasn't legal, so I had to turn her down. You think someone killed her?"

"Not someone," Lance told us, putting a baggie on the bar in front of us. "Something."

I recognized the drug in the bag. "Vertigo."

"Yeah," Lance answered. "You got a problem with that in this club?"

"Not that I'm aware of," Tommy answered.

"We don't allow drugs in here, detective," Oliver told him.

Lance was obviously upset at the lack of leads. "Control your clientele. Before anyone else wanders into traffic."

Lance walked out, leaving.

I looked at Tommy and Oliver. "Is there any chance she could have scored the drugs in here?"

"I doubt it," Tommy told us. "I try not to hire too many drug dealers."

"Get me a list of employees, anyway," Oliver told us. "I'll have Felicity cross reference it for drug arrests."

"That includes the three of us, you know," Tommy told him. We walked toward the door leading to the basement. "I thought the vigilantes finished off the Count."

"I did," Oliver told him. 

I sighed, not too keen on reliving the memories of Vertigo after having been dosed with it myself, walking into the basement.