Chapter 2: Distraction

Day one of my one-on-one training begins today. It's just past 4AM when he's beating on my door. I don't answer. I don't want this day to start quite yet. I don't want to have to hold myself back every time he touches me. I don't want to have to face the sexy god that is Graham.

He's shirtless, his tattoos on full display as he barges in unannounced. He's aggressive in the way he bends to pull my covers away from my partially naked body. He doesn't look, but I want him to.

My morning wood could burst from my boxers at any moment, but he pays this no mind as he continues to grab my ankles in his strong, rough hands. My skin feels like it's burning where he touches, searing hot and I don't have time to think past that because he's plucked me from the comfort of my soft bed and onto the hard floor.

I groan my despair at the way this scenario could have gone if I had it my way.

"Seriously man?" I rub my hands against the back of my eyes.

"Sorry dude, Alpha's orders." He's saucy this morning, but I can't say I don't like the way he bites his lip, the way he tries not to smile.

I push off the floor in one move, turning my back to him so he can't see that my morning wood hasn't gone down in the least at his sudden intrusion.

I try not to turn around to see if he's looking as I start to put a show on for this male.

My boxers are dropped to the floor as I lean over, searching in my drawer for a new pair. I can feel his eyes on me, but I can't tell if they are admiring or just glancing. I hope it's the former, but I know it's the latter.

"Hurry up, we need to get a move on."

I quickly pull on my workout clothes, track shorts and a t-shirt, before following Graham out to the running trail at the edge of our property.

"We're going to start with two laps. I don't want to overwhelm you too much, Tal. You don't seem like you're in as good of shape lately." He's egging me on, poking my muscles that are less than his, but that doesn't mean he is the stronger wolf.

He may be a few inches taller than me, but I can't remember the last time he beat me at running.

"We'll see about that." And I'm off, a head start stolen in a moment of rash decision.

I'm almost halfway around the trail when I hear his laughter, his laughter that is a lot closer than I thought it would be.

I turn to see him coming towards me, not even breaking a sweat in his easy pace. I continue to watch as he slaps my shoulder on his way by me, as he continues his pace in front of me. I watch his muscles bunch and move with the graceful glide of him. I watch as his ass jiggles In a delectable bounce when he jumps up and over the log in the path instead of swerving around it like I do. He's always had such a nice ass. Round and firm, an ass you could get a firm grip on, an ass you could really...

And now I realize he's gone and I have been caught up in my own mind this whole time, caught up in the distraction of the man I love.

I don't see him again until I reach the end of my two laps.

"Took you long enough." He's slapping my shoulder again, giving me his killer smile, teeth and all.

He's always been such a happy wolf and I wonder if he knows that I'm only truly happy when I'm with him.

"Don't get cocky." I give him a short quip so I don't say what I really want.

He's brushing his hair back, stretching out his muscles. "That's what happens when you stop coming to the training sessions."

I slide my eyes to the side, giving him a blank expression. "I'm the alpha, not you."

This only serves to make Graham burst out laughing. "Then why do you keep skipping training? I have to make up a new excuse for you every day. Yesterday I told him you were with Gem!" He can't stop laughing now.

He basically told my dad I had a woman in my room and Gem is known to get around. "Your joking right?"

"No!"

I can only imagine how Graham would look to my father, wink, and tell him how he set me up with Gem. I bet my father even high fived him!

Thanks to my cousin, Posy. It's almost common knowledge that I'm a Virgin. I've never been interested in the females and there isn't any males in this pack that are available.

Of course, it's not looked down upon, but I know my father and I know my duty as an Alpha despite what he may believe.

Providing an Alpha heir is a must in this pack, in any pack.

I shake my head in frustration, letting my hair fall forward as I reach for the cigs in my left pocket.

Except I forgot a lighter.

"What? She was after you all summer! I don't understand why you didn't tap that. She's a pretty good lay. She can do this one thing with her--"

"Just stop." I'm in a mood now. I don't like to think about the way this male womanizes, about the way he fucks all the willing females in this pack.

I throw my unlit cig to the ground, too lazy to place it back in the pack and Graham slings a heavy arm around my shoulders, putting his full weight on me. "Come on. You know I didn't mean anything by it, Tally-cat." He knows I hate that nickname. He's just digging a deeper hole for himself.

As much as I enjoy the way his body is pressed against my side, I have to pull away.

"Let's just get this over with Graham cracker." I give him a glare and he knows I'm seriously pissed off at him now.

His arm drops as I move away. "Come on man, it was just a joke."

Oh. He thinks I'm mad about what he told my father. I wonder how he would feel if I told him I'm really just having a visit with the green monster.

I ignore him and he finally stops trying to apologize after the third time as he starts the real beginning to the rest of our month long training sessions.