Chapter 19

After getting dropped home by Anna Claire last night I went straight to my room. I was just really emotionally exhausted. I didn't think that yesterday would be so exhausting mentally, physically, and emotionally. Other than a pop quiz in English this has week has gone surprisingly uneventful. After I get out of the shower and getting dressed I quickly walk down stairs for dinner.

"How ya feeling sweety?" Mom asked as soon as she saw me coming down the stairs.

"I'm good." I say with a smile and it's true I have been good after I got all of this worked out in my head for the most part anyways. I've decided to just go with it. I got less migraines this way.

*the next morning*

beep beep beep

I slap the alarm clock until it finally turns off. Why is school so early in the freaking morning anyway. Seriously who decides this? Maybe I should google that so I can give them a piece of my mind. After my little mental rant I went and got in the shower before brushing my teeth and getting dressed. I wore a simply outfit today consisting of skinny jeans, a cute top from American Eagle, and ankle boots. I decided to leave my hair natural today and did simple makeup including: moisturizer with spf 25, mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss. I walk down stairs and see that my family is already ready and eating breakfast.

"Good morning sweet pea." Mom chirps happily. Ugh how can they be such morning people? I mean come on who can be this chirper this early in the morning.

"I must be adopted no way did I come form these loones." I mutter under my breathe although obviously not quiet enough because my lovely brother heard me. He walks up behind me and gives me a big hug before turning me around and ruffling my hair.

"Charming as always lil sis." He says with a smile. Huffing I try to tame my now messed up hair. Muttering under my breathe about how he is so funny and how he should just go jump off a cliff or something I go and sit down at the table as mom sets my breakfast in front of me. She made eggs, bacon, and toast. I add creamer and sugar into my coffee and begin to eat still muttering about how insane morning people are and how they should all be studied. When dad comes back into the dinning room he glances at me eating and muttering to myself and says, "A  delight in the morning as you always are I seem." You see me being this kind and gracious and chipper (note the sarcasm) is a normal thing for me in the mornings. I'm really not a morning person. Then I have these weird days when I'm actually quite pleasant.

"Okay lets go, babe, before we're late." I standing up and looking at Amber. Me calling her, Crystal, and Anna even occasionally Ryder babe is a common occurrence; It's sort of just like a nick name now.

After the thirty-minute drive to east shore high school we get out and after deciding to meet in the parking lot this afternoon we go our separate ways.

"Hey!" Anna shouts jogging to catch up with me.

"Hi!" I shout back waiting for her to come beside me. When she does we hug quickly then continue to walk to our lockers.

"So will I see you at practice today?" I ask Anna coming to stand beside her as she continues to get her things from her locker.

"Of course." She states closing her locker and turning to me," But really can you not kill us in practice today. I mean it's bad enough that we now do conditioning four times a week instead of three and we practice twice a week for three hours instead of two." She rants at me. I just start shaking my head laughing.

"I'm sorry but we need to be ready for nationals. You know how badly we all wont to win it and go to worlds. It would be a dream come true."

"I know but we do need a break sooner or later." She states looking at me pleadingly.