Chapter 5; Show day

It's Monday. Show day. Bethany get's up super early to get ready for dress rehearsal. She was more than nervous. When she get to the DWTS studio Sadie was already there. She and Sadie are good friends. They are the almost the same age so they click naturally. Of course she was good friends with Janel and Witney. She went to Sadie and said hello.

- Bethany POV -

'' Hey Sadie '' she jumped

'' Oh God.., Hey Beth. You scared me. ''

'' I'm sorry that wasn't my intention. How are you? '' I say taking the seat next to her in our little sitting area.

'' I know. I'm fine...actually I'm not. I'm really nervous. '' she said. I know exactly how she feels. The same way I do. Nervous, anxious, scared, terrified.

'' I know. Me too '' I said slowly trying to hide my shaking hands. I have no idea what's wrong with me. I know all the steps. I mean Derek told me I'm ready. I trust him. I know I'm ready, but why am I so nervous about?

'' Really?? '' Sadie asks me turning to me.

'' Yeah. I want to throw up every time I remember that tonight is show night. '' I say

'' Yeah I feel you ''

'' Bethany, Sadie.'' some women come up to us

'' Derek and Mark are waiting for you to run over one more time before dress rehearsal. '' she inform us and left.

I was sitting in my pink glittery sweater and white flowery skater skirt in sky box. I was so nervous that I almost forget to breath. I didn't even hear Witney come up to me.

'' Beth? Hey Bethany? You ok? '' she seat down next to me

'' Hum? Oh, yeah I'm fine. '' I said flashing her fake smile.

'' Yeah right. You're shaking. What's wrong? ''

'' I'm fine Witney. Really. '' I said

'' Bethany, you know that you can talk to me. ''

'' Uhhh '' I stand up whipping my hands along my skirt. I was walking around and Witney was sitting there watching me.

'' I'm really really nervous '' I said finally sitting back down.

'' There's no reason to be. Bethany I saw your performance. You did fine. '' she said

'' Yeah but fine is not good enough. Have you seen Sadie's and Janel's performance? They were great '' I said almost tearing up. I know this is dumb reason to cry over but I don't want to go home first week. I don't want to be that partner Derek didn't succeed with. I don't want to let all my friends and motavaters down. And my family, oh boy I'm screwed.

'' Beth why are you saying that? You did great too. I saw you and I would never lie to you. ''

'' I know you are saying that only because you're trying to be nice...but I'm not good enough. And I'm sure I'm going to mess up and then I would go home and Derek will be mad at me. '' I said all in one breath.

'' Bethany listen to me '' she turns to face me.

'' You are not going home tonight. Trust me. I know. You are great for someone who was no dance experience. And I'm telling you, you're not going home for a long time. '' she smile ant me and leave. I was sitting there for some time and then decided to get up and find Sadie. She was really nervous today as well. I was walking down the long corridor and bump into someone.

'' Oh, sorry '' I said looking up. It was Derek.

'' Its fine '' he smiled at me.

'' I was looking all over for you. Where were you?? '' he grab my arm and basically drag me along the way.

'' I was in the sky box talking to Witney. '' I simply said trying to keep up with him.

'' I know. She told me. '' he stop once we were in some room I didn't recognize.

'' Oh '' I said looking down at my feet. He places his thumb beneath my chin and makes me look up at him.

'' Bethany why didn't you talk to me? You do know that you can tell me everything right? '' he steps closer. I can't deal with this right now. The past few weeks he made me feel strange feelings. Something I never felt in my life before. It's like I can barely breathe when he's close to me. And all this little thing makes my heart skip a beat.

'' I do I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous and terrified actually. ''

He embraces me into a hug.

'' You have no reasons to be nervous. You're amazing Beth. And I'm sure judges will think the same '' I smile a little and let go. He looks down at me and place a gentle kiss on my forehead. I smile

'' Thank you '' I whispered

'' No need to thank me babe. Trust me you are great. Believe in yourself. You did amazing job this past few weeks and you will do great tonight. At least give me some credit girl. I'll make you go past week two I promise. I mean that won't be a problem because I have such a talented partner. ''

I smile at him.

'' Come on now we have to go. The show is about to start. ''

'' You're ready babe. Just believe in yourself. '' Derek told me one more time before we go live. It was our turn to perform and I was nervous as hell. But all that was gone as soon as we start our dance. It turns out great actually. The emotions and the rough of adrenalin went through my body when we reach the last pose of our dance.

'' You did great babe. I'm so proud of you '' Derek whispered in my ear before we get to the judges table. We get all 8's. I was happy and Derek was too. It was not that bad as I expected it to be. Now I just hope we can get pass week one.