"I tried my best Mrs Hussain. But they ain't ready to listen. I'm afraid they will stop working if they do not get approval from you and it could lead to a major downfall."

Aahil had worked really hard to achieve such success and I couldn't allow his dream to be shattered.

"Fine, schedule an appointment."

"Thank you, Mrs Hussain."

After about twenty minutes I strode to Aahil's office accompanied by Lissa as I had requested her to tag along.

I entered the conference room and took my respective seat, within seconds I received a call from the reception asking my permission to send in the committee members. I gave my consent and sat there waiting patiently for their arrival. I hoped to get over this as soon as possible and rush to the hospital.

All the recent events had unnerved me and I did not trust anybody at the moment and therefore I took utmost care in ensuring Aahil's safety.

Consequently, I made sure to call Mrs Mariam and let him know my plans and Alhamdulillah she had taken the pains to reach the intensive care before I left the hospital premises.

I kept checking my watch, full five minutes had passed and the committee had still not arrived. I folded my hands so that Lissa wouldn't spot me shivering slightly.

Somehow, Lissa sensed my agony and squeezed my upper arm gently, I blinked back the tears which threatened to flow. "Aleena, he is going to be fine, InshaAllah. Don't stress yourself to such a great extent."

I nodded my head, bitting hard on my lower lip, hoping the tears would vanish. I was a nervous wreck by the time a group of members entered the conference room. They took their seats and spread their laptops on the table.

"What's the problem that needs to be addressed in such haste?"

One of the foremen said, "Well, we are kind of worried. After what happened to Abdullah Hussain the company had seen real bad days. It took an enormous effort for Sir Aahil to establish A1 international to its former state," He paused and seemed reluctant to continue.

"Please feel free to speak, Mr.Brown," I said faking confidence in my tone, whereas, I did not wish to hear any negative aspects.

"Umm..It is just that..After what happened to Sir Aahil...Are A1 solutions going to stay in business?"

"Of course, it is."

"Who will take over?"

"What do you mean?"

"Mrs Hussain please think from a broader perspective. We need someone who would be able to balance the business. As every project we work on isn't always going to be a success. Therefore, we need someone who would be able to guide us."

I had never felt so helpless in my entire life. I felt so confused, so out of place.

Yaa Allah, please grant Aahil a speedy recovery.

"Ma'am, we are waiting for your reply."

I shook my head, "I don't know. At this point, my mind is still in shock. I still can't believe what happened to my husband."

The foreman raised his eyebrow and was thoughtful for a moment.

I spoke hurriedly before they would conclude that I lacked confidence in taking the decision, "I'll tell you what to do. Concentrate on the ongoing projects for now. And work on a new project only if the scientists are sure that they can handle it because I cannot predict anything, I'm not experienced in such matters. If you still have any major issues feel free to inform it to me or to Mr Muhammad Dilshad, who is very well versed in the working of the company."