Chapter 47

Extremely long chapter, sorry to anyone who prefers them a little shorter... I just couldn't find the 'right' place to separate it into two :)

Brianna had met them at the hotel earlier that morning before they all took their things upstairs to settle in. The girls then decided to take a walk around the hotel to see where everything was. Connie and Jacob were having the reception elsewhere before returning to the hotel for the evening celebrations.

Connie decided to let the girls go with Brianna while she remained upstairs in the bedroom. She looked to the dress hanging from the wardrobe as she gently let her fingers run over it before a knock at the door caught her attention. Spinning round she rolled her eyes thinking they'd forgotten the room key.

"Elliot?" The older man smiled before Connie almost knocked him off of his feet. He wrapped his arms around her returning the hug laughing a little. "Couldn't leave you to drive yourself insane... I saw the girls downstairs already." Standing back up she stepped aside allowing him to come inside.

The pair sat talking for what felt like hours when in reality it was nothing. "Why is time going so slowly today?" "Because you want something more than you've ever wanted it before? Believe me from experience, I know how long today will be for both of you... I doubt he's enjoying the empty house at all. Anyway I best go, leave you to do whatever brides need to do the day before their wedding."

Connie nodded as she stared into space for a moment thinking. "See you tomorrow Miss Beauchamp..." A smile fell to her lips as she looked up to him before he was gone. Her eyes drifted back to her phone as she bit her lip before she grabbed her car keys rushing from the room.

Running down the staircase she now found herself wandering how she managed to carry everything up. As she was running through the lobby she spotted the girls across the courtyard but Grace was first to speak. "Mum!?" "Don't worry baby, there's just something I have to do... Stay with Auntie Brianna, use the room, eat ice cream, go crazy baby. I won't be long."

Brianna gave her a knowing smirk as she folded her arms against her chest but Connie was too occupied to notice. She was reversing out of the space before anything even ran through her mind logically but she was allowed to be spontaneous, it was her last day of being a fiancé.

Connie did speeds along the road that would make you think there was an emergency. She did the familiar route, turning down roads she knew before stopping on the side of the road. Turning the engine off she watched the front door open before seeing him standing there with a frown.

He must have heard her coming along the road, or seen her from the window. Whatever it was she didn't care, her point in being there would be pretty obvious soon enough. Connie moved up the steps until she was standing opposite him. "Please, please tell me you just managed to forget something and that you're not here to call it off-" "I forgot something."

Jacob sighed in relief rolling his eyes as he turned his back wandering back through the hallway. Connie followed him pushing the door closed as she stepped behind him into the living room. "So then, what was it this time? Because you spent forever looking at that bag-" "This-" "What?"

He turned around to see her standing right in front of him. Her eyes full of something that he didn't see often from her, but when he did he knew exactly what was about to happen. Jacob stepped forwards, his hands to her waist as her lips crashed to his desperately.

Neither wasted anytime as Jacob ran his hands up to the buttons of her blouse beginning to undo them. He quickly discarded her top to the floor leaving her in a tight vest before parting from her lips as she lifted his over his head. Jacob soon dropped his hands to her thighs lifting her up with a squeal before he pushed her back to the wall.