Chapter Nine [V.o.R]

"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow." – Bob Marley
___

Taking the thin fabric from Jialeh; as their other three friends Armenia, Natasha, and YaZelle watched narrowly, London quietly judged the clothing idea subconsciously. The five women had been at YaZelle's home looking at the clothing she had been designing, working to release, giving their opinions on each piece of carefully designed cloth.

The soft baby blue pastel piece in London's hands, although had been her least favorite out of the collection and it seemed London was the only friend to have a problem with the design. The plastic crystal details were overbearing, the head-hole was a bit too wide, and the arm holes were as if it was a shirt that had been made for an infant.

How was she the only one out of three other women to have these decided thoughts? Gently placing the shirt down, London shook her head and pointed out at the thin fabric. "Zell it's a million thing you have to be better at. Are you sure fashion is the road for you?"

Grabbing the small teacup off of the coaster, taking a delicate sip, London placed a concerning look on her face. It was genuine concern, YaZelle had been London's best friend since freshman year of high school. She knew London would do nothing but be honest with her and if she thought London would be any different especially when she was looking for a donation of London's money, she would have to just suck up the hurt feelings. This meeting of the fives was a business venture and London was looking to invest on her friend's company, but the mediocrity would have to change.

Stifling a low yet intimidating laugh, Natasha picked up her napkin and covered her mouth. Her breathing was rigid and her eyes watered. She truly wished she could have been first to express her huge dislike for the shirt YaZelle proudly talked about being her best. "Come on Tasha it's not that funny — it's cute, really YaZelle, right Jialeh? London and and Natasha are just going through something." Armenia suggested trying to support her younger cousin.

Shaking her head Jialeh burst into laughter shaking as YaZelle simply frowned and tossed the shirt from off of the glass table, before picking up her glass cup of tea. "No, London's right. The shirt is horrible — I need to start from scratch. I need inspiration, motivation, something that will make this line different."

In a thinking silence the women absorbed Yazelle's aloud words. She was right, but what could inspire a whole line of fashion? Something every woman in Kansas would want to wear, "I got it! The Stoned Love line. From shades of Grey to black and dark blues with accents of red, you could make clothes and fashion that represents the hardings of love and the beauty. With grainy and sequence material like rocks and stones, we could all help design and since Nia went to school for fashion design she could sketch everything out." Jialeh's idea rung through the ears of others as the nodded.

Sitting on the bar stool, with a frown etched into her face London tossed the hair laying over her shoulder towards the back. The idea was different and most women could relate, but London felt as if Jialeh was indirectly saying London's personal life was dramatic enough for a clothing series.

"Why would you suggest that Aleh?" London asked as she held her clutch with two hands on her lap, while creasing an eyebrow. "Anything you want to get off your chest?"

Rolling her eyes Jialeh sighed as the other inwardly gasped and prepared themselves for an international bitch fit. London was known for making things about herself even when others she cared for were included she was just that way. Jialeh craned her neck and pursed her lips as if she was trying to indicate if London, her best friend, was truly serious. It was just a suggestion and everyone was titled to an opinion since Yazelle's idea was a total failure. Not only was London's money going into the start up business but, so was Jialeh's and the other two ladies; Armenia and Natasha. Neither two of them complained but London wouldn't have be herself without complaining.