He looked at me, his eyes asking for help.

"U-um Kyo has a girlfriend."

He started to turn beet red.

"Who's his girlfriend? It obviously isn't you!"

"I felt hurt. I knew I wasn't dating him and I don't know if he really is dating anyone but I knew that I wouldn't be the one to be his girlfriend. He likes someone else. I highly doubt that he likes me."

I looked at Kyo and he was fuming. He stood up and pushed the waitress grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the booth.

He looked at me.

"Tohru... Chin up."

I slowly lifted my head to look him in those eyes that I find myself getting lost in all the time and won't stop getting lost in for eons.

"I hope you aren't listening to what she said. Your beautiful just the way you are. If you really wanted to, you could have every guy at your knees begging to be with you."

He was blushing the deepest red I've ever seen on his face and mine was probably matching, if not darker.

"The girl you like would be happy to have you. And not to mention very lucky. I bet she's way more beautiful then I am."

"She's just as beautiful as you. She smart, honest, just everything good. Just. Like. You."

He got very close to my ear. I could hear the shaky voice and the quick beat of his heart.

"Because she is you Tohru Honda."

The world stopped. My eyes were wide tennis balls. I was blushing an even darker red if that was even possible. My heart was the only thing I could feel.

"I-I guess you don't feel the same..."

A tear slid down his cheek and he walked away, pulling at his hair. He slowly started going slightly faster.

I ran as fast as my legs would take me and grabbed his arm.

"Kyo stop. I-I like you. More then you know. I didn't think you liked me at all and was shocked. I'm sorry if it looked like I didn't like you."

"Y-you like me?"

"Yes. Kyo I do."

He grabbed my cheeks and wiped my tears away. I didn't even know I was shedding any but I'm not surprised.

He pulled me closer looking into my eyes.

I closed my eyes and I felt his breath getting closer. I felt warm, soft lips on my own. He slowly back his head away. I opened my eyes to see his still closed him starting to lean on my forehead.

I put my hand on his chest and I could feel his heart. It feels like it's about to jump out at any given moment. I felt my own and mine was the same exact.

"Tohru."

"Yes?"

"W-will you go on a date with me?"