Chapter Seven: Hey Dad

Dean, Sam, and Castiel listened to the radio static coming from the speakers of the Impala as they pulled into Singer Salvage Yard. They had just come back from a shifter case in Tennessee. It was the 2nd month, to the day, since Rachel had been gone, and everyone was still trying to heal. Dean shut off the car and got out, grabbing his bag from the back seat. Sam and Cas doing the same.

For the past two months Sam, Dean, Cas, and Bentley had been coming to Bobby's on the 24th of each month. To swap any news or updates, but like the times before this, there was nothing. Bentley's old orange '71 Ford 100 was already parked by the stairs. The guys silently climbed the stairs and opened the screen door.

Bentley and Bobby were in the den, a small fire going in the fire place. Bentley was leaning against the mantel watching the flames flicker as they tried to stay alive. Bobby was at his desk going over news reports that were scattered and stacked everywhere. A small light of hope sprung up inside the boys.

"Is there anything?" Sam asked hopefully, anxious to hear the response. Bobby shook his head sadly.

"Nothing...Just a damn storm. I had a friend who covers that area check it out. Nothing came back."

Dean's heart wrenched. Sam looked down at his feet and Castiel clenched his jaw in frustration. Bentley had moved from the mantel and sat down in one of the old chairs in the room, his hair a disheveled mess, a beer in his right hand. They all sort of became wrecks when the 24th rolled around.

"Is there another in the kitchen?" Dean asked Bentley, gesturing towards his beer. He nodded. Dean left the den to go get a beer for him, Sam, and Cas. He returned a minute later with the three beers and sat down on the couch, taking a long drink from the bottle. Would it ever get any better than this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The excitement that was going on inside me was making my head buzz. We walked down the road to Bobby's, a road I knew very well. What would happen? Was everyone going to be there? I hoped everybody would be there. For the first time in 4 months I prayed to god for a favor.

"Please let them be home..." I prayed quietly," Please"

We were nearly there! I saw the old wooden fence and up ahead the gates to the scrap yard. Hope and joy soared inside me. I smiled at Cassidy.

"Ya' ready?" I asked her with a broad grin.

Cass smiled back, "Yeah. Are you ready?"

"Yeah." Memories flashed through my head. Coming here after being kidnapped, almost running away, hitting Bentley in the face with a frying pan, learning the skills I need as a hunter, drawing in my room downstairs, dancing in the kitchen, even that terrible Christmas-Eve night when I left to go save my family...before I lost it all.

We had reached the gates. They were open and inviting. Like they had been waiting for me to come back and now were saying "Rachel! You're finally home! Welcome home!" Butterflies had my whole body shivering with overwhelming emotions. At first I tried to walk calmly, trying to keep composure but I just couldn't....

I broke into a dead sprint, Cassidy right on my heels. My legs pounded the gravel driveway. I saw Bentley's Ford and then I saw it! The Impala! From 5 yards away I could see that the screen door was open. I dropped the backpack at the base of the stairs. Tears ready to spring from my eyes. I jumped the stairs 3 at a time. I couldn't be stopped if I wanted to! I ripped the screen door open and barely touched the ground in the hallway, following my heart to where they all were. I practically flew to the den.

I screeched to a halt in the doorway and was instantly met with the barrel of a familiar pistol, Dean's Colt 1911 a1 .45 caliber semi-automatic. In a tenth of a second all the air in the house was gone. Those eyes, his eyes, my eyes, locked together. No one moved a muscle...They all stared at me and I back at them. Cass was right behind me in the hallway, not moving as well. I stared into my dad's eyes. Those same damn eyes that I had so desperately waited a year and 4 months to see again.

"Hey Dad..." I said my voice quiet and tight. Trying my hardest not to start crying right at that second.

Something flashed in Dean's eyes, maybe it was the parental intuition or maybe he just didn't care, but he lowered the pistol and grabbed me. I started crying, no, crying couldn't even describe what I did. My dad, held me tightly to him and he was shaking. Dean Winchester, my father, was crying so hard he was shaking. My entire body went numb with the weight of getting home lifted from my soul. I wrapped my arms around him and I refused to let go, never again would I lose him.

I breathed in my dad. I had had dreams and nightmares of this moment, and a heart full of regret of all the things we never got to do. I had already experienced the loss of my mom, but to lose Dean, and the rest of the guys, just when I was starting to feel at peace with my life, having it be ripped away from me nearly destroyed me. I took that moment to carefully remember everything about my dad and the men around me, including Cassidy, who had become part of my family.

The next second everything went in fast forward. My dad reluctantly let go of me and Sam was waiting right there for me. God, I was a wreck, and apparently so were they. With a bone crushing long awaited hug my uncle let me go and I hugged Cas, who's blue eyes were flooded with apologies but I didn't care, he did what he had to do. To save me.

Bobby, with his old ball cap and Jack Daniels scent was next. I hugged him tightly. Thanking god that he had been part of my life. That they all had. Then there was Bentley. His shoulder length dark brown hair in its usually condition and his brown eyes shining, just like I remembered.

He all but tackled me. My best friend. His freaking ripped hunter muscles crushing my body.

"Dammint Ray, I told you to get your ass back here in one piece!" He whispered to me hugging me to the point I could barely breath, let alone reply.

"Well, I made back in one piece." I said when he let me go. I looked around the room at them, my family. Never before had I seen all of them with teary eyes and the most relieved smiles, my soul soared. I turned to Cassidy, who was standing in the hallway like an awkward giraffe, which she had once described herself to me as.

I walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her neck.

"Guys, this is Cass." I said with a broad smile, "And she is the reason I'm home."

Instantly Cassidy was accepted into the family. Like Bobby always said,"Family don't end with blood". I could tell Cass was awkward and that she wasn't used to being around guys or having any real emotional interaction with a man in any way what so ever. Castiel was watching quietly, a thinking look on his face. Then it hit me. Cass and Cas...Oh this was going to be confusing as hell!

"Your name is Cas?" Castiel asked Cassidy.

"Its actually Cassidy, but Rachel started calling me Cass." She told him with a sheepish smile. Then Cas began to smile at Cass.

"My name is Castiel," he said, "and I'm Cas too." The two Cas's started talking and I could totally tell that this was going to be an interesting thing to deal with.

Dean came over and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, kissing the side of my head.

"I knew you'd come back kid," Dean said quietly to me. "I am so sorry Rachel..."

"Dean. Don't be sorry. You did what you did to save me. There is nothing I am more thankful for than that..." I told him, resting my head against him. Dean didn't say anything back to that. I knew he would feel guilt over this for a long time, but that's what happens I guess. At least I'm home now and not trapped in a different dimension.

Dean raised his voice to get everyone's attention after a minute, "Come on. Let's go get something to eat! Its time to celebrate!" Everyone laughed and smiled heading for the door.

As we were walking out I looked at Dean and asked, "Hey Dad?"

"Yeah Rache?"

"While we're out...Can we get pie?" I asked his shyly. Dean smiled down at me.

"Sure kid. We can get pie."

"THANK GOD!" I exclaimed, "Because I haven't had pie in a damn year and a half!" Dad gave me a weird look but must have decided to save it for a later date. All that mattered now was that I was home. We were home!

And....

I was getting pie.