Chapter Five: Lullabys

• Dedicated to Play the video on the last page

My breath seemed trapped inside me. As if some one had set my lungs on reverse. The pain that I had felt the first time I crossed was the same. It was like my skin was falling off and regrowing in seconds over and over again. I remember holding onto Cassidy's hand for dear life, praying that we wouldn't end up in a coma. We were completely surrounded by blinding white light. The eerie weightlessness discomforting.

There was a thunderclap that rang in my ears and I felt my body hit the solid ground. Forcing me to lose the breath I already didn't have. I opened my eyes slowly as raindrops fell one by one onto my face. My vision was slowly coming into focus. My head was swimming. We were in the woods somewhere. My body was numb with pain. I looked over to my left and saw Cass laying on her side. For a panic stricken moment I swore she was dead. Then she groaned and rolled onto her back.

"Cass!" I cried with a smile, tears of joy and relief blinding me. I crawled on my knees to her and wrapped her in a tight hug. "You did it kid! You got us home Cass! You did it!" I kept repeating the last three words over and over again.

"What?" she groaned.

"You got us back Cassidy. You got us home!" I repeated. I watched as a proud smile grew on her face.

"Go team us..." she suddenly sat up, wide awake, "DID THE DEMONS FOLLOW US?!" Panic plainly showing on her face. I shook my head.

"No, we got away." She sighed in releif at the answer.

"Thank god!" She breathed. I laughed and hugged her again. She did it! We were home. "Rachel? Are you crying?" She inquired quietly. I nodded my head.

"Yeah Cass. I am crying." I hugged her again, "Thank you. Thank you so much." She was the only reason I was here. One person who believed me and wanted to get free, just like I did, was the reason I was home. It started to rain harder as we sat there. Finally Cass and I got to our feet and decided it was time to go. I picked up the back pack and slung an arm around Cassidy's neck. "Come on sis' lets go home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Castiel had sent Rachel through it had also blasted the angel, Evangeline, out of the building along with her demon minion. The three men were the only ones left. Guilt and rage weighed down upon them. Silence filled the empty space where words would go. Dean felt the warm tears run from his eyes. His gaze locked upon the scorched ground infront of Castiel's chair. The last place he had seen his daughter. Where they had seen her scream and explode into a blinding white light. She was gone.

Cas had sent her away. Where she would be safe. They had decided it only hours before she had come, to trade herself for their release. The Winchester way it seemed. Cas was passed out in his chair from the amount of power it had taken to send her over in such a weak condition. Sam stared blankly into space, trapped inside his own thoughts like Dean.

Dean broke the ropes that bound him to the chair and stood up. What had he done? Their last conversation playing over and over in his head.

"You don't have to do this..."

"Yeah I do dad. I do."

"We're going to get you back, okay?" He whispered, "But you have to be brave." She nodded. "And no matter what, know that everything is because I love you. Because we love you..."

"I love you to Dean." Rachel had said still hugging him," I'll be brave Dad....I promise."

"I am so sorry Rachel..." he said "I am so sorry...."

"I am so sorry Rachel..." he whispered out loud. He went and untied Sam, who sat in shock. How was Dean not in shock? How was he not completely nonfunctional right now? Sam got to his feet and looked Dean in the eyes. The pain of the loss of that girl reflected in their eyes. Not saying anything the brothers went and picked up the unconscious Castiel and stumbled out of the warehouse. Unfazed by the slaughtered bodies. They found the Impala around the corner, under a blue tarp.