Chapter 7 - Abilities

~Len's POV~

I hate her. I hate her so much. Even so, I don't understand why. I know Oliver can hear me. I know he probably understands how I feel. He can hear my every thought. I can't hide anything. No matter where I am, I can't hide anything from him. It doesn't matter.

"Len!" Oliver ran over to me and gripped the fabric of my shirt, making me flinch. "Stop it!"

"What...?" I asked, playing dumb even though I knew what he was talking about.

"Stop!" He shouted, tugging on my shirt. "It hurts a lot!"

"Oliver!" Gumi ran over to the blond boy in an attempt to comfort him, but he shoved her away.

"No, stop!"

I grabbed Oliver by the shoulders and looked him dead in the eyes. "Calm down," I demanded.

Oliver looked back, taking a deep breath and calming down, just as I had said. For some reason, it gave me the strange desire to see if he would listen to any of my other commands, but I didn't check.

"Oliver...." Gumi reached out her hand to him, but he didn't look away from me.

It gave me a weird feeling in my gut, but I turned him around to face Gumi, no matter how much it pained me to do so. "Here."

Oliver sighed heavily, seeming to go back to normal. "I'm really sorry...!" He apologized, hugging Gumi. "I didn't mean to push you away, I was just worried...."

"I-it's okay...." Gumi stuttered out, looking up at me with...fear. I think I've let it slip out again.

After Oliver pulled away from Gumi, he looked back at me with a glare. I didn't need his power to tell me what he was thinking.

"Gumi," he turned to the greenette and caressed her cheek, "are you going to stay here tonight or go home?"

Gumi looked at Oliver and then looked up at me. I glared.

"I'll...go home," she muttered, looking down. "B-but I'll be back tomorrow!" She looked at me while she said that, clenching her fists in the air.

"Alright, alright." Oliver laughed softly, waving her off. "Good night, Gumi."

As Gumi made her way out the door, she cheerfully called back, "Good night, Ollie-kins~!"

Once he had shut the door, Oliver glared at me. "They didn't tell me you could do that."

"You never asked," I replied simply, shrugging.

Oliver groaned. "Listen, Len, this is a real problem. If you used that on me, I wouldn't doubt that you were able to somehow escape at any moment during the time you've been here." He placed a hand on his hip. "Tell me, Len. Why're you still here?"

I faltered slightly at that question. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You could've escaped at any time. Why're you sticking around? What's your motive?"

"I don't have a motive," I shot back. "I'm here because I'm trying to change."

Oliver pressed his lips into a thin line, then he spoke. "And why...would you do that?"

I grit my teeth. "I don't understand why you're asking me all of this." I paused, looking into Oliver's eyes. "Shut up."

He looked at me, seeming to be disappointed. "Okay...." He muttered, turning away. "I'm going to make dinner then...."

I felt a slight pain in my chest. I didn't want to do that.... But...I did. If it worked a second time, surely it would work again. Maybe I could get something good out of this...?

"Oliver...." I mumbled, turning his face up to my own so I could look into his eyes again. I hesitated in saying the next part, but I couldn't stop myself now. "...Kiss me."

Oliver blinked once, but since I had looked into his eyes, it's not like he could resist anyway. He brought his face closer to mine and soon....

"You're despicable...."

He pressed his lips up against mine, and after a moment, pulled away. I looked at him, a bit shocked from what he had said, but he just completely ignored me and went back to making dinner.

There was nothing he could do about it, but he somehow had enough resistance to break his thoughts free and say...that to me. I'd never seen it before. Just who the hell was this kid?

"O-Oliver." I spoke up once again, determined to play around with the blond a bit more before leaving. Yeah, I know. I'm terrible. He has a girlfriend. But I want her dead, and I can make him do whatever I want. Why miss the chance?

"What?" Oliver looked back at me, his eyes shining slightly in the light from the kitchen. He was strange; his eyes being two different colors—red for left and gold for right—but...I have to admit, maybe I liked this kid. Just a bit?

I looked into his eyes, blushing lightly. "K-kiss me again." I felt slightly overwhelmed with the thought, as if I was the one being used, and not him. But he obeyed nonetheless, pressing his lips against mine. However, it was slightly longer than last time.

"You're terrible," Oliver mumbled. "Are you really doing this for your own amusement?" He stared straight into my eyes, as if asking me to do it again.

I couldn't comprehend this however, because why would he want it? I'm using him for his body. That's all. There's nothing else. Besides, being sex-deprived for two years is a bit much for a seventeen-year-old. Yeah, yeah, I don't care what you think. I want this. Maybe even need it. Just shut up.

"Maybe," I muttered back, looking back into his eyes. "They're beautiful...."

"What?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "What did you just...?"

"I-I said...uh, I-I want chicken noodle...! S-soup. Chicken noodle soup." I quickly looked away, pursing my lips. It was completely obvious that I was lying.

"Right...." Oliver sighed. "I can hear it. Just tell me what you want, already. It...it's fine."

I flinched, blushing harshly. "R-really...?" I asked. What's wrong with me? Why am I so...nervous?

"Yeah." Oliver nodded. "Say it."

"O-okay...." I looked directly into his eyes, biting at my lip. "Have sex with me." He flinched, quickly adding, "A-and act like my lover...."