The Morning After

Erin's POV

The next morning i woke up feeling extremely confused. Last night with Jillian felt so good, beyond anything i'd ever felt before. But i had no idea i was into girls and i was so nervous to see her today.

I walked downstairs in my pajamas where i was greeted by Abby.

'Hows your head?' she turned and asked.

'pounding so hard, hows yours?'

'the same' she responded, we laughed and drew up two stools to sit on.

'I feel like i didn't see you for most or the night, where were you hiding?' Abby questioned whilst making a coffee.

I started to feel anxious, Abby was my bestfriend and all i wanted to do was to tell her, but i knew i couldn't before speaking it through with Holtzmann.

'Erm im not sure, probably just dancing in the crowd' i laughed and she seemed to believe it.

A few moments later and Abby wen't upstairs to get ready for the day, her and patty were going for a meeting to see if we had a job out of town, i was supposed to join but i really wasn't feeling up to it today.

'Bye!' Abby shouted from the door which was followed by patty's 'Cya!'

'see you later!' i responded and all that was left for me to do was to sit and wait for Holtzmann.

Jillians POV

i woke up feeling happy but scared, last night was amazing, but Gilbert was so drunk, what if she regretted it?

I got out of bed and went straight downstairs.

'Holtzmann, hey' Gilbert smiled but she looked just as nervous and concerned as me.

'..heeey' i responded, awkwardly.

I wen't at sat next to Gilbert, it felt so weird to have sat by her every morning for a year and now on this morning it felt so different.

'last night' Gilbert stated. 'yeah' i replied.

neither of us were forming sentences, though i knew exactly what i wanted to say. That last night was amazing and felt really good but for all i know Erin could be thinking the exact opposite, and i wasn't about to make a fool of myself.

'Ah this is stupid, we're bestfriends, i should be able to tell you things' Gilbert continued. 'i really enjoyed it, but im so confused, i mean i didnt even know i..you know? and with you i mean..its all so confusing'

'i know i know' i responded.

'i think its best we don't tell anyone else for now' Erin stated and i nodded in agreement.

Even with a hangover Gilbert still manage to look gorgeous, her knotted hair fell lightly on her face and her blue eyes still looked like the sea; even if they were a bit bloodshot.

'Well, what are you up to today anyway' i laughed.

Erins POV

i returned the laughter, it felt as if a weight had been lifted and i was glad we were able to talk about it.

I still found myself staring at her though, her smile made me feel so many things at once, happy, warm safe and nervous as hell. I felt like a highschool girl with a silly crush.

'Probably sleeping, no other plans than that, you?' i replied.

'yeah, me too, we should watch a film or something'

i liked that idea. Maybe it would bring us back to reality, to just watch a film together as friends like usual.

'sounds good! what shall we watch? i smiled.

'your shout'  Holtzmann replied.

'well you get some snacks and i'll look on the tv'

Jillians POV

i wondered over to the snack cupboard and picked out Erins favourite, M&M's.

As i made my way to the couch i couldn't help but imagine me sitting down and her resting her head on my shoulder whilst we watch the film. I needed to snap out of this.

I sat beside Gilbert and she threw the blanket over both of us.

'we're watching pretty woman' she smiled.

'woohoo' i responded trying to sound as excited as i could, i hate rom coms.

Erin's POV

Just before the film began, i leaned over Holtzmann to grab the M&M's. As i brushed past i smelt her familiar smell of lavender and vanilla and just before returning to my seat, we shared a type of eye contact that i was afraid i was beginning to become way to familiar with.