Chapter 2

Harry:

My face instinctively moulds that fake smile that I've worn almost permanently since Kendall became a part of my life. Her perfectly manicured hand gently lands on my leg, and I fight the urge to pull away. As discreetly as I can, I steal a good look around to see who's arrived. When my eyes land on her, I feel my face burning up and my heartbeat gaining speed.

Taylor.

Before I can stop it, my mind clouds over with fond memories of her.

"Harry, baby? Are you okay?" I hear Kendall ask. I give her a slight nod of my head. Ugh. If only that was Taylor sitting next to me, caring about me, not the spoilt brat my management has decided I like now.

My eyes dart back to Taylor. Flawless, as usual. My breath is taken away; her blue eyes are twinkling alluringly in the golden lights of the stadium and that dress on her deserves it's own spotlight. I sigh before reluctantly dragging my eyes away from her and turning back to Kendall, but see her chair is now empty, except for her black, leather purse, that cost about the same amount as several houses, lying there. She must be in the bathroom, probably touching up her makeup for the 80th time tonight.

Something I can't help but notice is that next to Taylor is an empty seat. I sit back and daydream for a second, imagining what might happen if I were to stand up right now and take that seat next to her, if I were to confess to her everything I've been feeling over the past couple of years we've been apart. My mind lingers hopefully on this thought, but I decide against it. It would do more harm than good. I find my gaze drifting back to her again. She suddenly looks up and her gorgeous eyes meet mine for half a second, before I quickly avert my stare.