Meetings In The Dark

So a week’s gone by, and to my knowledge, Kai was completely correct.  First it was Maggie with Tieran, then Kai with Aden (but everyone was expecting THAT, they were going out after all) then Ranni with some boy in her form, Jason I think; then Karan with Lukiwan and finally Kerry Anne with Drake. Drake wasn’t part of the Were wolf gang like the rest of the boys, he was always with the vampires- that’s how I knew him. And of course being my best friends, I felt obliged to show them every hot guy I knew.

But going back to dates, I’m the only one without a date! The girls say it’s best for last and that Dayln is sure to ask me out soon, and make a big spectacle of it. But I know they’re just trying to make me feel better, it’s less than a week until the dance, everybody’s got a date!

So as you’d expect after a few days of everyone being asked out and happiness, I got a bit gloomy. You can be as happy as you want for your friends but after a while, you can’t help it. It was just after lunch and I was doing my normal routine, going to class with my friends having lunch and school stuff. But lesson four, was the only lesson I wasn’t with my besties so I started walking towards the classroom, when without warning Aden appears. Because of Kai, I know that he’s in the completely wrong end of the school for his lesson

After a grin and a wink gave him a puzzled look, I knew something was up. When he approached me, I was prepared to attack but his grin just had something about it which made me stop.

“Still feeling lonely?” He chuckles.

“What do you want Ade?” I ask tiredly.

“Chill gal, I’ve come to help, follow me.” He grabs my arm and starts to drag me the opposite way of the class room.

“Dude I’ve got to go to class” I pull back gently, as not to hurt him.

“Not now you don’t, I slipped a note to the teacher, so you’re coming with me.”

I gave up on trying to break free, because I was terribly curious for where he was taking me- and what me being lonely had to do with anything.

“Okay ,I know this gonna sound really dodgy but..... uh... could you, get in the cupboard? I promise I’m staying out here.”

“Dude there is NO wa-“ He obviously didn’t want a long argue so he pushed me in. “ADEN VAUGHAN OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!” I shout.

“Ummmm Candy?” asks a new voice, but a very familiar voice. It’s the voice that I wish would say the exact same words they are saying now.

“Would you be my date to the dance?” He asks.

“Before I answer, why did you lock me up in a cupboard in pitch dark?” I giggle.

“You’re not mad?” He asks relieved.

“Well yes, I’m furious, but it’s kinda sweet.” I reply.

“Well ummm, I .. I... I’m nervous.” He stutters. Whilst he tries to explain, my hand is searching for the light switch when I think I’ve found it, I press it and hear a hiss.

“Sorry, vamp senses aren’t very good in the dark.” I joke.

“Seriously?!”

“No of course not! I’m the Queen of the Night.” I boast.

He scoffs. “ Well I’m a Warrior of the Night.” He pauses. “And I’m under your spell.”

I start laughing and after a while he joins in.

“You had to go ruin it didn’t you?” I laugh. “God I love you.” I say.

“You what?” He asks immediately.

“Nothing.... I .. uh said ... nothing!” I stammer.

“I’m taking that as a yes then?” He asks and I can imagine the smirk on his face.

“Definitely.” I whisper.

After a while of hiding it from my friends, I gave in to their pestering. Of course, they’ve known me since I can’t remember when so it was pointless trying to hide it from them. Of course in lesson 4 they saw straight through my weak lies. Of course what I didn’t remember was that I was sat next to Aden in this class.

“Oh great.” I mumbled as I slid into my seat.

“’Sup Candy Cane?” He says like nothing  happened at all.

“Dude. If you weren’t my friend and my best friend’s boyfriend, I’d so kill you right now.” I growl.

“Ouch Candy Cane, that hurt.” He mocks. “Oh and you forgot that, I’m your boyfriends best friend and I could so take you on any day.” He smirks.

“You wish.” I chuckle.

“Is that a challenge Candy Cane?”He raises his eyebrow in an inviting way.

“Of course it is!” She grins. “Outside, after school.”

“I’ll be the one in white.” He retorts.

I snort with laughter which causes Mr. Jones to look at me in disgust. “What is so funny about Poverty Miss. Clark?” He asks clearly not amused.

Oh crap! Out of all the subjects to laugh in! I could see Aden smirking out of the corners of my eyes. “I... uh..” She noticed a drawing of Mr.Jones that wasn’t very flattening in front of Aden, she picked it up. “Aden drew this tried to imitate you.” I was such a tell tale.

Mr. Jones directed his fury to Aden. “Detention, both of you, after school.” He said and then continued with the lesson.

We both groaned quietly. “Why did you do that?” He angrily asks. I just looked at him as if to say ‘If I’m going down, I’m taking you with me’.