IX // N U M B

"Someday when you leave me
I bet these memories 
follow you around."

–Taylor Swift

♚ ♔ ♚

2015
March
Central City

B A R R Y

The sharp impact in his leg was nothing compared to the numbness that washed over him.

The world must have stopped, he thought to himself, because there was no possible way that she could be alive.

Groaning at the pain, he was suddenly aware of the painful extremity in his right leg as he arrived in STAR labs in seconds.

"Barry?" Caitlin whizzed her head around at the sound as her eyes widened at the knife in his leg. "Oh my god!" She jumped in shock at the sight, rushing towards him.

Dr. Wells wheeled himself towards the boy as he narrowed his eyes at the sight. "That's not the usual Snart trademark."

"It wasn't Snart," Barry muttered, groaning in pain as he pulled out the knife.

Caitlin had grabbed a medical kit straight away, helping him tend to his wound. "You're lucky you heal quickly," Caitlin said as she helped clean the blood around the wound.

"Thank you." Barry expressed his gratitude towards Caitlin as she finished bandaging the deep cut. "Snart has Cisco. We have to stop him." Barry told the team.

Caitlin's expression dropped, "What do you mean, Snart has Cisco?" She asked in disbelief.

"We'll find him." Dr. Wells said calmly, though he was extremely concerned for Cisco. "What I want to know is who is responsible for being fast enough to hurt you?"

Barry remained silent. His phone rung as Barry limped over to the table to pick it up.

Caller ID: Joe-sephine

"Where are you? You're needed at the crime scene?" Joe urged.

"I was just there," Barry said, confused.

"As Barry, not... the other guy," Joe whispered the last part in an attempt to keep his identity a secret.

Barry mentally face-palmed at his mistake. "Right, I'll be there soon." He ended the call, nearly tripping at the pain as he stepped on his right foot.

"Will you be okay?" Caitlin asked him.

"I'll call you if I'm not," Barry said as he whizzed his way to the crime scene without his secret identity.

♚ ♔ ♚

Barry limped into the building, wishing he didn't have to go back to the casino. As he walked through the doors, he took the time to truly look at the mess that had been made. A golden statue stood in the center of the scene, remnants of Lisa's doing. Shards of ice were scattered across the ground as a familiar frozen statue also stood amongst the chaos.

Barry also took note of the knives and blades.

"Barr." Barry snapped out of his state of numbness, turning towards the familiar voice. "Witnesses reported seeing The Flash. They said you had Snart but you let him go?"

"Cisco. Snart and his sister..."

"His sister?" Joe didn't realize that Leonard's sister was also in with her brother's crimes.