Ⅵ // C O L D

"Every time I think I'm better
Picking' my head up, getting nowhere."
─Troye Sivan (feat. BROODS)

2013
November
Central City

"WHAT exactly are you implying Oliver?" Elvira snapped at his accusing tone of voice.

"I'm not implying anything El. Just understand that we have no leads on this except for the fact that you were there."

"Seriously?!" She said as loud as a whisper could be as she tried to be discrete over the phone. "You have got to be kidding me! You think I did it. You actually think I killed my best friend. You stupid son of a bitch-"

"El, we're just trying to do the best that we can. Laurel has nothing but the fact that she saw you there." Oliver gritted through his teeth as calmly as he could.

"Yes, and Laurel also saw Arrows in her body so perhaps the Arrow did it." She rolled her eyes and he did the same on the other side of the phone.

"Elvira." Oliver sighed.

"Don't!" Her tone held a consistent amount of aggression without faltering a bit. "I told you that it was Thea but your head is too far up your own billionaire ass that you can't accept the truth." She angrily paced back and forth in Patty's bathroom.

"Okay but what if-"

"Accuse me one more time Oliver, and the next time I'm in Star City I'll kick your ass Arrow or not."

"Elvira would you just calm down for a sec," Oliver clenched his jaw, annoyed that she wouldn't listen to him. "Barry Allen wanted to know if you're alive." Oliver told her, changing the subject.

Elvira was stunned into silence. "Make sure he thinks I'm dead. Don't call me again." Elvira ended the call, cutting him off as she opened the door to a very wide eyed Patty.

Elvira stepped passed Patty, ignoring her blatant eavesdropping and her expectant look. "Don't ask me anything."

When Patty woke up, she was shocked to see that she was tucked in her bed with pills and a glass of water on her bedside table. Immediately, she panicked, thinking that Elvira had left. That was up until she heard the aggressive voice in the bathroom.

As Patty looked at her friend, she noticed the distressed look in her eyes.

"You didn't sleep at all last night." Patty observed.

"What happened to don't ask me anything?" Elvira said.

"I wasn't asking, just stating a fact." Patty retorted, sharp on El's tail as she walked past Patty. Elvira picked up her bag from the living room floor. "Wait hold on a second, where are you going? I thought you were staying here."

El rolled her eyes moving past her towards the kitchen bench as Patty followed her close on her trail.

"I can't."

Patty stayed silent while following her, waiting for an explanation. She grew impatient when she didn't get one. "Are you going to explain or do I have to call your friend Oliver Queen."

"How about you get me drunk again and I'll explain, seems like it worked out well last night."

"It's not like I purposely got you drunk, Elvira. The pounding in my head clearly says that it was a mutual thing." Patty angrily defended against Elvira's discrete accusations.