The Lake Territory

The Lake Territory, also called the New Territory or the New Forest, is where the Clans now reside after they had to leave the Old Forest.

Geography

The region is far northwest from The Forest and north of the sun-drown-place. It consists of varied landscape surrounding a lake. The northern half is covered by woodland and it gives home to ShadowClan and ThunderClan. The southern half is moorland, giving home to RiverClan and WindClan. Two smaller streams flow into the lake from the north, and a river, named River Alba flows out of it.

There is noticeable Twoleg activity in the region. Twolegs come here mostly in greenleaf and there are two Greenleaf Twolegplaces in the region, and several halfbridges (boat docks) around the lake. The ShadowClan territory contains a Twoleg nest called Sanctuary Cottage by Twolegs.

History

!! SPOILER ALERT !!

Before the Clan cats came, The Lake Territories gave home to different Tribes of cats, named The Ancients by the Clans. They had a hierarchy similar to that of the Clans, and they used the Moonpool to communicate with their ancestors. The Ancients scattered well before the Clans ventured to the lake; one of the Ancient Tribes are the ancestors of the Tribe of Rushing Water, the group of cats that live in the mountains.

The Clans settled in the lake territories after being driven out of The Forest Territories by Twolegs. The Clans found the Lake after StarClan sent them a sign of a falling star. They divided the land between the Clans, giving each Clan the land that best suited their purposes, ShadowClan in the pine forests, RiverClan near creeks and marshes, ThunderClan in the leafy forest, and WindClan on the moor. Leafpaw discovered the Moonpool, the place where the cats share with StarClan, and the cats started using the island in the lake, that was found by Mothwing, for Gatherings.

ThunderClan

ThunderClan claims the northeastern part; their territory is mainly deciduous woodland. Their camp is an abandoned Twoleg quarry, called the stone hollow by the cats.

Here are the landmarks in ThunderClan territory:

- The Sky Oak, a large tree near the shore.

- A mossy clearing where apprentices train.

- North of the camp is an abandoned Twoleg Nest, a location rich in prey and herbs.

- A network of tunnels running below ThunderClan and WindClan grounds, connecting them.

- A clearing near the ShadowClan border where Twolegs camp in greenleaf.

- An abandoned, unpaved road (named The Old Thunderpath by the cats) starting from the hollow and heading north.

ThunderClan's Camp:

The ThunderClan Lake Camp is in an abandoned quarry, described as a stone hollow enclosed by tall cliffs. The main entrance is through a thorn tunnel, which can lead out of the camp after exiting the dirtplace. There is also a secret entrance that is reached by climbing the rocks. The walls offer protection and keep out the wind, but cats must watch their step near the edge as falling into the hollow can be fatal. A tall rock called the Highledge is used by the leader to call meetings. Most of the dens consist of caves and crevices in the rock wall. There is also a Halfrock, which is a smooth low stone that rises out of the ground near the elders den. At one point, badgers devastated the camp, but it was rebuilt by the cats.

- The nursery is under a thick bramble bush reinforced with thick roots woven together for protection. It's floor is made of packed earth.

- The apprentices', leader's and medicine cat's dens are caves in the rock, entrances hidden by bramble tendrils.